Donald Trump 'Ban all Muslims from entering USA"

No, but the point I was trying to make is that immigration is part of economics, and always has been. It happens because it is driven by the wishes of business, not in general by the desires of the ordinary people of a country.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 15:53 ----------

But ordinary people like the taxes and jobs that big businesses bring.

Do I think immigration is just big business? No. They have influence, but theres isnt the only consideration.

It would be a ridiculous move in the current circumstances if they ever tried to do that.

It would make America insular and considerably weaken their reputation and standing all over the world.

No, but the point I was trying to make is that immigration is part of economics, and always has been. It happens because it is driven by the wishes of business

It's driven by domestic welfare policy not business. At least it is at the low skill level you seem to be talking about.

It's driven by domestic welfare policy not business. At least it is at the low skill level you seem to be talking about.

How so, Eric?

He said " A temporary ban on Muslim immigration until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on"

Sounds fair enough to me when the current President has been such a failure and there is a lack of understanding why Muslims are turning to terrorism .

At least one person hasn't jumped on the 'outrage' wagon and is honest enough to respond to what the man actually said. It seems to me that Trump makes a very reasonable argument but I still don't like the man.

At least one person hasn't jumped on the 'outrage' wagon and is honest enough to respond to what the man actually said. It seems to me that Trump makes a very reasonable argument but I still don't like the man.

What do you think it would achieve?

What would be the disadvantages?

The migrant chaos in the EU and the problems that is has and will continue to cause are the direct result of the policies of EU commission, I still find it hard to believe that they intended this to happen but they planned and implemented this policy and I don't think that anyone watching this uncontrolled madness play out should be castigated for saying lets not do that, lets give ourselves time to ensure that we keep control of the problem. It seem very sensible to me.

It seems to me that Trump makes a very reasonable argument but I still don't like the man.

Reasonable to people in their Ivory towers :gag:

With no compassion :shakes:

Or human decency

Trump is an outrage :mad:

Reasonable to people in their Ivory towers :gag:

With no compassion :shakes:

Or human decency

Trump is an outrage :mad:

Calm down you'll do yourself a mischief :rolleyes:

Calm down you'll do yourself a mischief :rolleyes:

I know

Human rights and social justice

Are a particular downfall of mine :hihi::|

The migrant chaos in the EU and the problems that is has and will continue to cause are the direct result of the policies of EU commission........

Eh? The current migrant crisis is a direct result of conflict in the Middle East. If you're talking about Schengen then please note that Schengen original came into force independent of the then EEC. States sign the agreement only if they want to. The UK and Eire haven't. Non-EU states Switzerland, Norway and Iceland have.

The migrant chaos in the EU and the problems that is has and will continue to cause are the direct result of the policies of EU commission, I still find it hard to believe that they intended this to happen but they planned and implemented this policy and I don't think that anyone watching this uncontrolled madness play out should be castigated for saying lets not do that, lets give ourselves time to ensure that we keep control of the problem. It seem very sensible to me.

There were two questions and you failed to answer either of them.

You might want to explain what the policies of the EY commission have to do with it as well.

Edited by 999tigger

There were two questions and you failed to answer either of them.

You might want to explain what the policies of the EY commission have to do with it as well.

Oh I didn't know that I was under orders to respond to your question, maybe it would be easier to ask yourself 'are you happy with what has been achieved in Europe and what would be the advantageous of a carefully planned migration rather than the chaos we have now'

What is the EY commission?