Fencing company/suppliers recommendations - no jobs/quotes/advertising

Try Hillsborough Fencing. They're on Livesey Street, next to Hillsborough College.

Hi does anybody know a good fencing company in Sheffield

There is one in Darnall called BEK Concrete creations, they are based in the old Darnall works site

Dear Gardener friends,

Two fences were blown off due to yesterday's wind. I have been battling with this problem for 3 years and this time, I am determined to do it properly.

So I am looking for a company to

1. remove the current fences and wooden posts

2. put on concrete posts and new fences

Does anyone have recommendation? Thanks indeed!!

We used Handsworth Fencing Services, 10 years ago for 1 x gate, 26 x Fence panels, 26 x gravel boards, and 29 x concrete posts, all expertly fitted, and still standing well 10 years down the line.

http://www.handsworthfencingservices.co.uk/

We live at the Manor Top, and it gets very, very windy, so we chose the hit and miss panels to allow the wind to flow through, a few neighbours chose solid panels and all of those have blown away or been destroyed,so choose the panels wisely

Edited by hotrock

Same problem. Our rear garden fence finally gave up last Tuesday/Wednesday although it was over 14 years old. It's about 16m long with two gates (one at each end). We've been quoted £2475 to replace it which, to me, sounds like daylight robbery. Just wondering if anyone has an idea how much I should be expecting to pay? Perhaps I'm just being tight after all ...

Same problem. Our rear garden fence finally gave up last Tuesday/Wednesday although it was over 14 years old. It's about 16m long with two gates (one at each end). We've been quoted £2475 to replace it which, to me, sounds like daylight robbery. Just wondering if anyone has an idea how much I should be expecting to pay? Perhaps I'm just being tight after all ...

When we had ours done it averaged out at £100 per panel Inc posts, gravel boards, fence panel, concrete and fitting

Has anyone out there had any dealings with K and R Fencing. If so, how are they, do they do a good job and are they reliable.

Thanks loads good people of Sheffield.

Matt CS.

Does a fantastic job can't fault them

---------- Post added 06-04-2017 at 15:36 ----------

You mean k k fencing? Rotherham?

Website

K&R Fencing Ltd was incorporated (the limited company was formed) in Mar 2015 and struck off the companies register in Jul 2016.

If still trading as K&R Fencing Ltd that would be an offence.

So who is it that you would be forming a contract with - someone personally or some other company whose details are not disclosed on that website (a breach of the Companies Act if so). Always make sure you know who you would sue if it all goes wrong and get paperwork for quotes and invoices.

Personally, from what I see there, I wouldn't do business with whatever it is. But it might be a sole trader who is amazing at fencing but not so good at the business side.

Hi can anybody recommend a bloke/company to build a garden wall c.40ft long and 2ft high with brick pillars rising 6ft higher to support fence panels? It's on a slope aswell just to make it more difficult..thanks