My Plan To Make Crosspool Safer For Pedestrians

As a resident of Forres Road for over 20 years, it is apparent to me just what inconvenience and a safety hazard car drivers on this street pose to pedestrians. Many park cars on the pavements, obstructing them so pedestrians cannot get past without walking into a road which vehicles come along at 30 miles per hour on. The elderly, infirm, disabled and school children are all suffering because of this selfishness.

I ask those of you who care to please sign my petition to make Forres Road safer for residents and those walking through alike. I am campaigning to have the kerbs and pavements raised to one foot (minimum). This will prevent selfish car drivers obstructing our pavements.

https://www.change.org/p/councillor-rob-frost-petition-for-sheffield-city-council-to-raise-the-kerbs-on-forres-road?recruiter=309654197&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

An inherently dangerous and foolish idea.

I believe sir you are an imposter sent by the tarmac and kerb edging society to boost profits for members by blatantly raising false hopes and expectations and by squandering council tax on hare brained kerbs that cost a fortune and benefit no one but the contractor. I've reported you to The Sand and Gravel Association for impinging on their legitimate business.

1ft kerbs :o Last time I saw kerbs that high was on the tank roads going over the moors near Catterick Garrison.

OP, while I appreciate that you are concerned about pedestrian safety, its one of 100's of similar street in Sheffield and looking on Streetview its by no means the worse.

Installing high kerbs is a none starter on a surburban street with parking either side.

Maybe a polite notice put through doors will be a better route.

Driver education is a lot cheaper

OP, while I appreciate that you are concerned about pedestrian safety, its one of 100's of similar street in Sheffield and looking on Streetview its by no means the worse.

Installing high kerbs is a none starter on a surburban street with parking either side.

Maybe a polite notice put through doors will be a better route.

Driver education is a lot cheaper

If everyone parked fully on the road no cars would be able to get down many roads. The cars have to be parked somewhere and currently in many parts of sheffield the only option is partial pavement parking.

If everyone parked fully on the road no cars would be able to get down many roads. The cars have to be parked somewhere and currently in many parts of sheffield the only option is partial pavement parking.

The right to park outside your house doesn't override your duty not obstruct the pavement or the road. So if you can't park outside your house without causing an obstruction, find somewhere else to park.

The right to park outside your house doesn't override your duty not obstruct the pavement or the road. So if you can't park outside your house without causing an obstruction, find somewhere else to park.

Thank you! Someone who speaks sense, finally!

How have I, by calling him an ant hole? :twisted::twisted::twisted:

---------- Post added 07-12-2015 at 11:58 ----------

Which part have you seen on Streetview, the part in question here is the western part? Installing high curbs is very much a possibility. This kerb here would fit very well on our street and blend in with the architecture. http://www.pavingexpert.com/images/kerbs/trief_01.jpg

Unfortunately, I have confronted illegal car drivers on driving on the pavement, only to receive abuse. Now it is time for a zero tolerance policy! Come on people of Crosspool, let's show ignorant car drivers that we don't tolerate their obstructions in our community!! Sign our petition and share it with all of your friends.

let us know when your petition breaks 5 signatures, and then in 15 yrs time when anyone gives a toss.

:D

maybe there is another nice hobby or pastime that wont result in your potentially receiving a black eye from an irate motorist if you continue confronting people, when legally you arent entitled to in any way?

seriously, other than the humorous aspect of you being a road captain of some regard, no one thinks its got any sense as an idea. 1ft high kerbs, tripping hazard anyone? The claims management companies will be buying properties on that road to sit and await their next payout.

Thank you! Someone who speaks sense, finally!

if everyone listened to you guys where exactly do you think cars are going to park? Where I live every single road has cars on both sides on the pavement. There simply is not anywhere else nearby people can park, and clearly people are not going to park 1-2 miles away and commute to/from their house.

Quite right. But the OP keeps stating that parking on the kerb is illegal, which it isn't, unless it's forming an obstruction.

Quite right. But the OP keeps stating that parking on the kerb is illegal, which it isn't, unless it's forming an obstruction.

It may not be illegal now but if you read the article to which I linked earlier it may soon be.

However, it is illegal to drive on the pavement, which you'd need to do in order to park there, and the police have intervened in the past when they have been prodded to do so.