Trout or Salmon parr

few years time all we will be able to look it will be private fishing you don't think the environment agency are putting in salmon runs for our fishing needs I asked the people who installed the salmon steps at meadowhall wier.the answer I got was so perch and roach could migrate and breed do they think were stupid

which bridge was this on. a good few friends of mine are fly fisherman. would love to have a trip down

which bridge was this on. a good few friends of mine are fly fisherman. would love to have a trip down

If this was a reply to my post stealthy the fish I see have been Chub or Barble, I've seen fish from bridges down the river from town to Meadowhall.

Some have steamer weed and look spot on.

I agree with yatesace, very bad news if salmon start pushing up the don - it'll soon be private fishing throughout... wealthy anglers only & none of us riff-raff allowed!

I've been fishing the don every winter for well over 20 years (from Deepcar down through Oughtibridge & Middlewood), I only didn't go last weekend as it snowed on Saturday night so the kids wanted me to stay home so we could have family snow fun!

mr hinks, just for information, the grayling were originally stocked on the stretch around Tin Mill Dam - don't know if it was actually SWCC who stocked them or the Penistone trout club further upstream, but they established a very firm foothold in that stretch, and bred very successfully.

Over the years they've spread further downstream, aided by the annual flooding, but they still remain in great numbers on the Tin Mill stretches.

Be a real shame to see these magnificent fish disappear if gnarly old salmon start pushing them out!

if it was salmon or sea trout i cant see them going past oughtabridge. they'll pick a nice spot sit there

nice shallow and gravelly around there

I agree with yatesace, very bad news if salmon start pushing up the don - it'll soon be private fishing throughout... wealthy anglers only & none of us riff-raff allowed!

Be a real shame to see these magnificent fish disappear if gnarly old salmon start pushing them out!

There is a Salmon and sea Trout run on the river Teese.

Coarse fishing is still allowed, there are also a good number of free stretches.

According to Google.

On rivers in Scotland they don't like coarse fish because they eat the Salmon spawn so try to get shut of them. I think if fish are eating spawn the Salmon haven't pushed them out by Salmon or man.

With the way things are in England there's no way a fish cull would happen here.

Not everyone will slum it on the Don I think our fishing is safe barring pollution.

Can you see anyone buying the rights to fish the Don fly only for Salmon coz I can't.

If anyone catches a Salmon they have to return it unless they have the correct licence, so cheap Salmon fishing could be available.

If you consider the game licence cheap.

it depends how established they become, if in 4 years time there are sufficient stocks appearing for someone to start seeing pound notes, things might change very quickly...

it only takes one land owner to think it's worth charging people to access the river & it'll be very easy for others to follow suit

I've just been reading the environment agency pages on the 'investment' into the river don & tributaries, half a million quid - that's an awful lot of money just so they can say "we've got salmon running in Sheffield!"

I suppose some of that money may have gone to flood relief.

yes, it may well have

looking out the office window now, it looks ideal conditions at the moment, and I'm itching to get on the river...

...roll on the weekend!