Sheffield Sex Attacker Left Battered By Victim

A sex attacker from sheffield was left battered and bruised when his victim fought back as he tried to rape her.

Johnathon Holmes’ appalling attack was only stopped by the extraordinary bravery of his intended victim, who fought back by hitting him with her keys in her hand and by biting down on his tongue when he put it in her mouth

Good on her. This animal bit off more than he could chew when he attacked this poor woman. I doubt anyone would have blamed her if she had killed him.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-sex-attacker-left-battered-and-bruised-by-heroic-young-woman-he-dragged-into-bushes-1-7601184

Good on her, she really did a number on him.

Filthy toad wants locking up for good, what a disgusting human being.

And he only got 4½ years!!!!

Good on her for giving it to him, scum bag!

Scumbag got everything he deserved, hopefully he'll be scarred for life so it's a constant reminder that he tried to overpower a young lady and got beaten up by her instead.

What an absolute excuse for a human being. This must have been an terrible experience, but how fantastic that she got the better of him. Great photo of the battered piece of <Removed>

Very, very good reason for schools to offer mandatory self-defence lessons to girls AND boys. The school where I worked had the good fortune of having a black-belt Judo and Jiu-Jitsu PE teacher who provided free classes 3 times a week after school. I know of two instances where a pupil used the knowledge gained to fight off an attacker, I am quietly confident it has since stood many more in good stead.

Saw the photos of him on Calendar , what a brave girl- she did him over good style, that courage could have just saved her life.

Very, very good reason for schools to offer mandatory self-defence lessons to girls AND boys. The school where I worked had the good fortune of having a black-belt Judo and Jiu-Jitsu PE teacher who provided free classes 3 times a week after school. I know of two instances where a pupil used the knowledge gained to fight off an attacker, I am quietly confident it has since stood many more in good stead.

Excellent idea. Women need to know how to fight back.

4 and a half years?

:roll:

Disgrace.

-

As you said tzijlstra, I think it's a good idea for young ens' to learn something like ju-jitsu from an early age. I'm not sure about mandatory though. There used to be a lot of after-school type things, and even by volunteers/teachers volunteering, but I suspect insurance issues helped stop this.

It's also worth pointing out that in this case she was aware of her surroundings whereas often I see people in their own world with headphones on, many of whom can't even cross the road safely.

Very brave woman, for going through a trial as well as the original incident.

Poetic justice and I hope he gets worse in jail.

One thing I'm left wondering though is if he was a mugger and the guy he tried to mug used that much 'excessive force' to fight him off then the victim would have ended up in jail. I've a feeling that the scumbag will be claiming public aid to sue her for his injuries!

Brave woman.

I don't think the force was excessive. 'Excessive' is open to interpretation, but I would say it's sufficient to achieve a goal, in this case to stop the attack. Maybe if she'd then attacked the bloke with a knife as he ran away she could be accused of 'excessive' force.

If I was the magistrate she'd wouldn't be convicted though!