BBC Failure - "Lorry shunted me and police did nothing!"

Sorry to disagree,but why was he driving in the middle lane doing sub 60mph on a clear motorway with his hazzards on,also why did'nt he pull over to nearside to let the hgv pass

Oh I agree, the car driver was being a twonk, but that doesn't give the lorry any right to crash into him!

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Yeah I watched it.. I just don't understand why the bloke in the car didn't get in the fast lane and get right ahead of the lorry! 3 hours he was harassed!! peeerlease...

And I know! haha what a joke about neck and back pain...

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 16:39 ----------

And what I want to know is........... Why did he phone the police????

As IF you would!

He's either a very pathetic man, who probably shouldn't be driving on a motorway if he can't overtake a lorry and be on his merry way

OR

He's getting free advertising on his company - because even though the BBC haven't named the business, someone else will...

If someone hit my car like that on a motorway I'd be on the phone to the police too. Slightly surprised people seem to be taking the lorry drivers side on this, then again it is SF isn't it and it wasn't a bus or a taxi.

I think we all agree that what the lorry driver did was stupid and he deserves having his license revoked. But the central issue (ie. why I started the post) is - what on earth is a story like this doing on the BBC website?

I think we all agree that what the lorry driver did was stupid and he deserves having his license revoked. But the central issue (ie. why I started the post) is - what on earth is a story like this doing on the BBC website?

Sadly lots of people on this thread seem to not agree and somehow think the lorry driver was justified...any reason it wouldn't be? I'd have thought if I had footage of a lorry deliberating ramming me I'd expect it to be fairly major news. Perhaps not today I suppose but we can't have every story on the Beeb being about Syria.

Just a couple of questions... Is,nt it illegal to drive whilst on the phone ? and why did the driver tell the police that he was 'going to follow him' ?Intimidation?? Also on the video it shows the lorry over-taking the car TWICE..Did the car overtake the lorry again,causing the lorry driver to pass the car once more.. (2nd time was when he got Tapped). Surely the car was more than capable of maneuvering out of the way.

Just a couple of questions... Is,nt it illegal to drive whilst on the phone ? and why did the driver tell the police that he was 'going to follow him' ?Intimidation?? Also on the video it shows the lorry over-taking the car TWICE..Did the car overtake the lorry again,causing the lorry driver to pass the car once more.. (2nd time was when he got Tapped). Surely the car was more than capable of maneuvering out of the way.

It's not illegal if you are phoning the emergency services for fairly obvious reasons.

And yeah it looks like that doesn't it. I don't think anyone on here is excusing some truly, truly awful driving by the car driver, but still gives the lorry absolutely no right to do that. I think there could easily be a prosecution against both of them for dangerous driving or driving with undue care and attention. Would be funny if the car driver is convicted using video from his own dashcams!

Let's put it this way,if you were tootling down the middle lane and you see a hgv bearing down on you what would you do.Me i would pullover to nearside lane and let him pass.How would you do it .

It's not illegal if you are phoning the emergency services for fairly obvious reasons.

Taken from the gov uk site...'Even if you’re using a hands-free phone you should avoid making or answering calls when driving

All phone calls distract drivers' attention from the road.'

While the lorry driver used his vehicle as a weapon which is patently the wrong reaction...but

The car driver blocked the middle lane- The HGV driver would break the law by undertaking or by overtaking in the ouside lane.. A stupid position to put another driver in and we don't know how long ge'd been sitting there oblivious to correct driving proceedures.

They should both go on driver refresher courses and pay big fines.

preferably together....

Taken from the gov uk site...'Even if you’re using a hands-free phone you should avoid making or answering calls when driving

All phone calls distract drivers' attention from the road.'

Yeah "avoid". You asked is it legal. I've told you the answer so either keep on googling for the right thing or accept the answer.

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 17:51 ----------

Let's put it this way,if you were tootling down the middle lane and you see a hgv bearing down on you what would you do.Me i would pullover to nearside lane and let him pass.How would you do it .

I wouldn't have been doing 50 in the middle lane to begin with :)

I don't think it's illegal to undertake, provided you stay in lane.

I don't think it's illegal to undertake, provided you stay in lane.

We did this on another thread didn't we?

Yet he has "Neck and shoulder pain"....

A well known scam to receive money in compensation. (not implying this is one of those cases.)