Advice for graduate wanting to meet new people in Sheffield

Hello everyone!

I've just graduated from Sheffield Hallam University in May and am currently have a great job working in a marketing agency. However, the vast majority of my friends have moved away, and I'm finding readjusting a little tough. I really want to meet some new people and make friends, so was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that might be good to try out, clubs, activities etc? I like reading, exercise, photography, all sorts really. I'm really easy going and always up for a laugh.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Cheers!

Hannah x

Hello!

I've just graduated from Sheffield Hallam University in May and am currently have a great job working in a marketing agency. However, the vast majority of my friends have moved away, and I'm finding readjusting a little tough. I really want to make some new friends, so was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that might be good to try out, clubs, activities etc? I like reading, exercise, photography, all sorts really. I'm really easy going and always up for a laugh.

Cheers!

Hannah x

Hi Hannah

You're always welcome to join us for dart's nights on Thusdays, gigs, pub nights. We also have a rock page on FB, the next night out is 19 Dec. Age groups vary, but we don't consider age a barrier.

Cheers

Kev

Hi Hannah

Congratulations on graduating! In a similar position myself, have just moved back to Sheffield after living in Birmingham for nearly 5 years. I don't have too many suggestions for you at the moment as I'm struggling with this also, but one thing you could try is meetup.com.

There's a wide variety of Sheffield-based groups on there. I've only been to one meetup so far but it was good. Maybe see if there are any reading or photography groups - if there aren't, you can always create one!

Thanks

George

Hi Hannah

Congratulations on graduating! In a similar position myself, have just moved back to Sheffield after living in Birmingham for nearly 5 years. I don't have too many suggestions for you at the moment as I'm struggling with this also, but one thing you could try is meetup.com.

There's a wide variety of Sheffield-based groups on there. I've only been to one meetup so far but it was good. Maybe see if there are any reading or photography groups - if there aren't, you can always create one!

Thanks

George

Thanks George, Ill take a look. Send me a PM and I'll give you an add on fb.

Cheers,

H

Hi Hannah, do you play any sports at all? That might be a great way to get involved.

Vox Book Club meets at Crucible Corner every month (and other times for poetry club, long book club, film club etc), and is very friendly - there's a wide range of people, from students / recent graduates to people in their 40s and 50s.

Details here:-

http://www.voxbookclub.com/

You also might want to investigate some of the stuff going on at Bank Street Arts, perhaps even volunteer there.

http://bankstreetarts.com/become-a-volunteer/

Hi Hannah

i am at the other end of the age range in my early 50's but in a similar position,

i dont find sitting in a pub too exciting so i have relied on my sports and hobbies to allow me to meet new people.

What do you enjoy doing? there is bound to be a club or user group dedicated to that in sheffield.

It seems that loneliness is a real issue in so may age ranges from what I've seen and discussed so far! I went to a book club but it was a little underwhelming... however I shall keep myself out there! x

Look at http://www.meetup.com/

There is lots of groups you can go to from cycling, taxidermy, speaking French, Yoga, drinking and even trekking in the alps.

Enjoy!!!

Check out some live music shows, Sheffield has a buzzing scene and I'm sure you'll meet some decent friendly peeps. :-)

I've just put a post on to try and see if anyone wants to get a meet up going. If you do, go say "hello".

Look Hannah, lets get real! And that goes for the rest of you with all your meet up nonsense. We live in a digital world, get with the program. TINDER! Just download, open app, swipe, and away you go!