Norton Retail Park - St James

its looking great and with 17 big stores/shops ,but will you be able to get to it via dyche lane ,or only 1 entrance thanks

Just the one entrance from Bochum Parkway, Dyche Lane is deliveries only I believe.

now is the time to run the tram from Herdings to Jordanthorpe Meadowhead Lowedges and Bradway makes sense to me

Im sure there could be space made for a tramline down Bochum Parkway and continue to Meadowhead roundabout.

now is the time to run the tram from Herdings to Jordanthorpe Meadowhead Lowedges and Bradway makes sense to me

I've seen this suggestion before, but I don't understand why anyone would want to sit on tram from Meadowhead or Low Edges taking the long route to town via Manor Top and Norfolk Park, instead of getting a bus straight down the A61. Or more likely, just driving instead.

I've seen this suggestion before, but I don't understand why anyone would want to sit on tram from Meadowhead or Low Edges taking the long route to town via Manor Top and Norfolk Park, instead of getting a bus straight down the A61. Or more likely, just driving instead.

I’d much rather sit on a tram along that longer route, than be on a bus on the other route. More comfortable and less traffic hold ups.

bring it on ,cannot wait to have shops at the south side of Sheffield and a great choice of them as well,but I do worry about traffic a bit,but I am sure scc have it sorted.

nearly completed and looking fantastic cant wait for opening and looking forward to this summer shopping there' Great for the area though some people are not happy and hate progression . get a life you lot embrace the change

Evening all, my friend has just informed me that the NEXT store at Heeley Retail Park is now closed - I'm assuming it's due to the forthcoming opening of the St James' retail park at Meadowhead.

Does anyone know if any other units at Heeley will be closing? Or what will be taking their place(s)?

Edited by Ambz
Spelling error

That's a shame, but I'm not surprised. Trade was bound to have been affected by the never-ending roadworks outside, and as you say the new retail park at Norton will soon be open. But to answer your question, sorry no I've not heard anything.

Apparently, part of the reason is because Heeley Retail Park has just been sold for £18million and the new owners have put the rents up. If putting the rents up leads to shops moving out then it's not really a wise move in my eyes.

Currys was recently refitted so doubt they will be moving.

I worked on the park in its early days and it took a very long time to get established and will never be one of the busiest but it does ok now.

Currys was recently refitted so doubt they will be moving.

I worked on the park in its early days and it took a very long time to get established and will never be one of the busiest but it does ok now.

It always seems pretty busy these days so must be doing ok.

its always seems busy ,but may have to change after the huge new retail outlets opening at meadowhead soon