Norton Retail Park - St James

Just as a headsup - I reckon visiting the new place around 3pm today would be a good move

I was near there on Wednesday, mid morning. The car park looked full. Seeing as some stores haven’t opened yet, it may get busier still. Some of this will be people trying it for the first time, as it’s new, but if it carries on like this, then the car park looks small.

The car park at the sports and health place next door already gets full and it’s necessary to use the temporary/undeveloped/overspill ones behind.

If things carry on like this, the turnover could be limited by car park size.

I haven’t checked, but I’d be surprised if there isn’t any parking control, otherwise it might become an unofficial park and ride base.

I haven’t checked, but I’d be surprised if there isn’t any parking control, otherwise it might become an unofficial park and ride base.

There is a 3 hour maximum limit in operation for parking.

I live very close to the new retail park, but apart from Wilkos and the card factory can't see me being a regular visitor.

The graffiti yobs have already started on the new shopping centre. Why when you have a new shopping centre which is actually quite attractive would you want to make it look a mess. Really are lower life forms.

The graffiti yobs have already started on the new shopping centre. Why when you have a new shopping centre which is actually quite attractive would you want to make it look a mess. Really are lower life forms.

Because they don't want people to have something nice, I'm sure they wouldn't want people spraying their property.

Well look at the area it's located in, hardly unexpected been wedged between druggies on one side, and murderers on the other side... :rolleyes::hihi:

please note the area is classed as average crime rate for Sheffield,so its not that bad.

The Home section in Next was still not open when I went in on Friday, and looked quite small. I was rather hoping the home section would be bigger, but it looks like its mostly clothing.

The Greggs store is dangerous as I often cycle past there early in the morning and find myself nipping in for a £2 bacon buttie/coffee deal.

please note the area is classed as average crime rate for Sheffield,so its not that bad.

Its got some ok areas nearby (Greenhill, Norton, Bradway arnt that bad) but there surrounded by Lowedges, Jordanthope and Batemoor. The retail park is gonna attract some bad sorts. No getting away from it.

NO aldi until end of month went yesterday,,so went to archer road branch,being going years the savings pay for my holidays and the quality is top class,but that branch now seems like its full of waitross customers,never seen so many big posh cars in the car park,but if you can get quality at low prices even those with lots of cash need to save,hurry up aldi open up at Norton.

Not used Archer Road but call in one for nappies and that's it only!. All I see and smell is rotting fruit a bag and when have bought something this has only lasted a day or two, even less than Morrisons which I didn't think anyone could get worse! Of the 2 times buying stuff have thrown it away and it's cost me more by extra stuff

---------- Post added 09-07-2018 at 08:48 ----------

Just look at some of the areas around it

An Aldi at norton never my good lord surely a sainsburys or harrods will suffice !????

Maybe they are catering for the Lowedges lot?