Norton Retail Park - St James

M&S Food will be handy on occasions, and the Aldi store will free up space in Archer Road and Dronfield, I will use Norton to suit me, such as when I access it from Coal Aston. :thumbsup:

When the pets at home opens, the one at heeley shuts, the next at heeley has already shut, so wonder how long heeley retail park will stay open.

When the pets at home opens, the one at heeley shuts, the next at heeley has already shut, so wonder how long heeley retail park will stay open.

Could get quite a few flats and houses into that park. Would be a better use of the land. Perfect location close to town.

Could get quite a few flats and houses into that park. Would be a better use of the land. Perfect location close to town.

I would much prefer that the existing units be used to create jobs, which IMHO is a far better use of the land. Why tear down perfectly good units to build housing, when there are alternatives?

Another retail park with the same 16 stores the 1000 other UK retail parks have.

yes but its handy to have a retail park at Norton and re-aldi as its such a awfull store some claim,how come its the fastest growing retail food operator in England,if it was no good there wouldn't be such queues to buy there goods and they wouldn't win lots of awards and why so many expensive cars in there car parks if its only used by low end customers,also have you seen there top of the range goods at half price.so if you want quality I suggest you call in and look for yourself.

Another retail park with the same 16 stores the 1000 other UK retail parks have.

Yep, its a very bland and boring retail park, but then they all are.

yes but its handy to have a retail park at Norton and re-aldi as its such a awfull store some claim,how come its the fastest growing retail food operator in England,if it was no good there wouldn't be such queues to buy there goods and they wouldn't win lots of awards and why so many expensive cars in there car parks if its only used by low end customers,also have you seen there top of the range goods at half price.so if you want quality I suggest you call in and look for yourself.

What are you saying?

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 17:40 ----------

Same old <removed>, same old retail park.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

Popped in for the first time today to have a look, not bad

BUT

Getting in and out...............

What were they thinking

One road in to a t junction, really bad, supprised to say it needs a roundabout inside with filter roads to the various quarters of the site

That junction is going to be the main problem for the life of that site and its going to put people off going

After that I went to crystal peaks, much easier to get in and out

BUT

Getting in and out...............

What were they thinking

One road in to a t junction, really bad,

That junction did surprise me when I saw it being built, a very poor idea. But I assume it gives the longest stretch of access road possible to allow as many cars as possible to get off the main road and into the park?

I don't think theres enough parking space,especially once aldi opens it will be a no go area at times,i think parking will let it down,plus all them big mercs going in aldi that's have the parking taken

Just decided to pop over to have a look now the Pets at Home is open.... Big mistake!

Massive queue from the roundabout in both directions to get into the car park, people turning away before they'd even got in... We did the same, not worth the wait in the traffic.

If that's how it's going to be at the weekends it's going to cause a lot of issues and quite a few lost sales for the shops as people will go elsewhere.