Norton Retail Park - St James

But for how long? When people can't find a parking space there's a tendency to go elsewhere next time.

I agree, it was super busy at the weekend with no spaces left and people turning away.

I shudder to think how packed it will be nearer Christmas.

The income revenues will be limited by the size of the car park.

The income revenues will be limited by the size of the car park.

True, but that could be said of any retail park, such as Heeley. Plus there’s foot traffic customers.

True, but that could be said of any retail park, such as Heeley. Plus there’s foot traffic customers.

I for one will be a definite Foot traffic customer, especially in the run up to Christmas as I've only got to walk back round the corner with my shopping. I have been a couple of times on foot and a couple of times in car when we were fetching heavier stuff.

Love this place it’s super handy on the door step. The only downfall is I cannot see the potential for it to grow like Crystal Peaks

Love this place it’s super handy on the door step. The only downfall is I cannot see the potential for it to grow like Crystal Peaks

That may be seen as a positive.

think the retail park will need to have high rise on one side to cope with demand as its so popular ,another idea not thought out wrong by SCC.

think the retail park will need to have high rise on one side to cope with demand as its so popular ,another idea not thought out wrong by SCC.

You do know the council didn't build this retail park, don't you?

You do know the council didn't build this retail park, don't you?

some people are just so dim that they think the council controls the entire universe

There are quite a few on here !

Constant sniping and griping about SCC.

This retail park seems to have effectively killed Heeley retail park. is that going to become derelict now?

This retail park seems to have effectively killed Heeley retail park. is that going to become derelict now?

Flats apparently, which the current owners of the retail park have denied, but we all know it will happen as Pets at Home and Next have both relocated to St James Park.

Ah I though there was something about the land that meant it couldn't be residential??