Norton Retail Park - St James

Currys was recently refitted so doubt they will be moving.

I worked on the park in its early days and it took a very long time to get established and will never be one of the busiest but it does ok now.

I have always found the staff there to be friendly and very helpful, if it does close I trust that they will be offered jobs at other branches. However I fail to understand what folk want, other than Curry’s it has great parking, a good Boots, a Poundworld, a Petsathome, a Matalan and a Next, use them or lose them comes to mind. :loopy:

Apparently, part of the reason is because Heeley Retail Park has just been sold for £18million and the new owners have put the rents up. If putting the rents up leads to shops moving out then it's not really a wise move in my eyes.

Isn't that what sheffield council did in the centre....then wondered why shops closed down and premises have been left empty!

I believe Pets at Home are moving to Norton also.

Meadowhead roundabout is already a nightmare, god only knows what it will like when the retail park opens. What do you reckon will happen to Heeley, a large Asda perhaps?

i think the meadowhead could be a nightmare starting june onwards,but we are assured that with the new lights ect now in place it should be okay,from what I can gather,thats why we decided it was okay to add 2 events in the area,but only time will tell,re-heeley I hope it continues with new retail outlets as its a nice shopping centre.

i think the meadowhead could be a nightmare starting june onwards,but we are assured that with the new lights ect now in place it should be okay,from what I can gather,thats why we decided it was okay to add 2 events in the area,but only time will tell,re-heeley I hope it continues with new retail outlets as its a nice shopping centre.

It's also pretty handy for those living in the south-west/south of the city with good road links.

An alternative use for HRP would be as railway sidings or a new Heeley Station!

I believe Pets at Home are moving to Norton also.

Pets at home already have a store in Dronfield next to Aldi, which is a bit close to the Norton store. Odd decision unless they close the Dronfield one too.

The outlets opening at Meadowhead are a Next, M&S Foodhall, Aldi, TK Maxx, Homesense, Wilkos, Pets at Home, Mountain Warehouse, Shoezone, Card Factory, Specsavers, Greggs and Costa.

http://www.sjs.co.uk/development/final-retailer-secured-for-new-sheffield-scheme/

Not direct competition to the Currys, Boots or Pound shop.

I've no idea what the hell "Homesense" is.

I've no idea what the hell "Homesense" is.

Home sense is part of TK Maxx, it has all their homewares .

There's one in Chester, it's pretty good, has nice reasonably priced products.

TKMaxx and Homesense opens 14th June.

I was told by Mountain Warehouse staff that Super drug are also opening. Can't wait for it. Much needed this end of town.

I’ve never really got into M&S Food, as I refuse to go into the city centre, and Ecclesall Road is a job of work getting there, so I’m looking forward to it opening. As another poster said, it’s about time that south Sheffield had some decent shops with parking, bring it on. :thumbsup:

I just hope that the council are ready for the increase in traffic. :rolleyes: