Norton Retail Park - St James

that's great news any idea on time scales as we are desperate for a quality shopping area were we can buy most goods,our local shops are great on lowedges,but don't sell the items this new retail outlet area will sell and its great for the area,one question who is building the shopping area and timescale

---------- Post added 04-02-2017 at 10:35 ----------

hi been asked as we represent 2,500 household what stores are being put on the site and is it to open in November,answer to this question would help thanks

The church magazine says next, m&s food, aldi, tk maxx, homesense, wilkos, mountain warehouse, card factory and costa.

Work to start in FEB17 and to open at the start of 2018.

hi thanks that sounds great,it will be a top class shopping area and be a great credit to the area as we are desparate for a shopping area,so the quicker the better,best way in for many locals will be via dyches lane from the bottom and this may be the best way out traffic wise,cant wait get it built.

The St James' Development site now lists M&S food, Aldi, TK Max, Mountain Warehouse, COSTA and Wilko so a nice range of shops for this end. Living very locally I'm surprised we haven't had any direct notice of this. I do hope that there will be decent road provision as the roundabout at Meadowhead is like the start grid of an F1 track at times due to the acceleration required to 'take off' to get onto it.

The St James' Development site now lists M&S food, Aldi, TK Max, Mountain Warehouse, COSTA and Wilko so a nice range of shops for this end. Living very locally I'm surprised we haven't had any direct notice of this. I do hope that there will be decent road provision as the roundabout at Meadowhead is like the start grid of an F1 track at times due to the acceleration required to 'take off' to get onto it.

Im very local to this development, just a couple of minutes walk away, and as such I see this development as a good thing. Had it been built on fields & hedgerows then I wouldn't want, but seeing as its being built on an already developed site then I think its good use of land.

It will be nice to be able to walk there to do some shopping. I can see me visiting M&S and Aldi for bits of food shopping, Costa when meeting people, and Wilkos for odds and ends. But I can't see myself visiting the other shops named.

The only negative could be traffic. Im guessing theres likely to be a traffic light junction installed to help control it, but congestion could still be a problem.

Okay.

New site at Norton/Jordanthorpe.

Greggs & Costa over the road from a school.

There are flimsy guidlines (2010)around fast food outlets near schools....

Yet the government & councils push for healthy lifestyles/living/diets.

The council sold off this land.

The council approved the outlets there.

Thoughts.....

Okay.

New site at Norton/Jordanthorpe.

Greggs & Costa over the road from a school.

There are flimsy guidlines (2010)around fast food outlets near schools....

Yet the government & councils push for healthy lifestyles/living/diets.

The council sold off this land.

The council approved the outlets there.

Thoughts.....

Move the school?

its happening,looking great ,will improve the area for shopping choice and will be a success ,so the quicker the better for me,and its smarting up the area

looking good , cant wait for completion and opening!

no more trips to crystal peaks

Traffic will be horrendous around there

Traffic will be horrendous around there

Can't figure out how they are being allowed to reduce to single lane from 8.30 in a morning. Surely they should leave this until after 9? The build up to the Meadowhead roundabout just stackes up immediately is horrendous and it will surely get worse when the schools go back in a couple of weeks.

You can see them loitering at 8.25 every morning looking at their watches so that the cones can go in place at 8.30 on the dot!

Did notice on Friday morning that they started work before 8 in the central reservation without reducing to a single lane. They then just put the cones out at 8.30 and carried on working as before!