Norton Retail Park - St James

really, then my good chap you are a fool

wwwwwhhhhhoooooooooooooooosssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh

Thanks for the feedback. I really did think it was going to be a chinese lantern store and helipad. Not being making a satirical, SF-related comment at all.

---------- Post added 10-12-2015 at 13:27 ----------

<whooosh>

wwwwwhhhhhoooooooooooooooosssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh

Ha! Jinx! Great minds.... ;)

Norton College is going ? So where is it moving to instead then ?

Norton is missing a nice pub. Just hope any new pub on that site doesn't attract the dross from Lowedges.

Norton is missing a nice pub. Just hope any new pub on that site doesn't attract the dross from Lowedges.

We aren't all dross on lowedges you know.

We aren't all dross on lowedges you know.

I know, I'm referring just to the dross that does dwell there, and that frequents the Norton pub.

Can't see it being an Aldi as one at Millhouses & another in Dronfield.

The building next to the college is Graves Leisure Centre, soon to be demolished as they are currently building the new one further along.

Whatever they build, be it this retail park or housing or a mixture of both they will have to sort out the surrounding road network as its bad around there at times, and it will only get worse.

I know, I'm referring just to the dross that does dwell there, and that frequents the Norton pub.

I live in Lowedges. After living in Ecclesall/Millhouses for 25 years. Got to get on the property ladder somehow, and in this day and age, its not easy. I don't especially enjoy living in LE but something had to give, and actually, its not as bad as I thought it would be. But I digress.

A new pub, within walking distance would be nice though. I enjoy going to the Coach and Horses but its just a little TOO far for a stroll home after a few drinks..especially at this time of year. Not a sizzler or a beefeater if possible! The Norton really is a complete dive, which is a shame because it could be quite a nice place to frequent with a little love put into it!

I can see a Next Home going there - the nearest one (I believe?) is Meadowhall, unless there is one in Chesterfield that I don't know about.

Looking at those mock-ups, I can see the foodstore doing well, but all those Sign stores are going to be in direct competition with each other. Can't see them lasting long.

How much demand for signs is these in Low Edges?

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 12:48 ----------

Oh, that was a joke by the way. Before anyone insists on calling me a fool.

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 12:54 ----------

I can see a Next Home going there - the nearest one (I believe?) is Meadowhall, unless there is one in Chesterfield that I don't know about.

The one at Meadowhall (currently U/C) went through a lengthy, highly publicised planning process and subsequent appeal and caused quite a deal of debate. Also, at present Next have pretty much just one of these stores per 'provincial' city, and they are usually fairly sizeable stores. I can't see Sheffield getting a second so quickly.

I think the developers should go a bit more upmarket and aim for a "John Lewis at home" (small store with click and collect) and a "Little Waitrose" convenience store

Although I'd quite like a waitrose or m&s food in the area I'm not sure we need more shops.

Is there anything sporting or entertainment related that could benefit the area? Maybe a cinema...

Or could it be another car dealer?

______

Next / clearance at Heely retail.