Help on writing a book

Hello.

I have an idea about writing abook but i dont know were to start with it. Can anybody throw me to the right direction or anybody who can help me with it.

Many thanks

Research your subject thoroughly, ask in libraries and people who are knowledgeable about the subject for information and dates..

Be clear about the plot and characters if it's fictional, and what will happen in each chapter.

Research publishers, (Artist and Writers yearbook) send them first five chapters and synopsis.

Just start. It doesn't matter if the start is rubbish and you have to re-write that bit again. Just get on with it.

Hi all.

I have an idea about a book but dont know were to start. Does anyone know on were i can start or go to for me to start this new venture of mine.

Many thanks

Hi all.

I have an idea about a book but dont know were to start. Does anyone know on were i can start or go to for me to start this new venture of mine.

Many thanks

Think it through, have a beginning, middle and an end, then pack it out. Think a lot, especially in bed at night too. Keep a notepad by you at all times, even if just to write keywords. I'm doing the same. :)

By the way … you've posted in the wrong bit.

Hi all.

Many thanks

You mean you want help writing it or advice on how/where/who to present it to get it published?

If its the latter, write it, make sure its good, make copies of it and send them out to relevant literary agents. If they like it they will start the ball rolling for you.

I'm in the process of doing this myself with a book I'm working on.

You mean you want help writing it or advice on how/where/who to present it to get it published?

If its the latter, write it, make sure its good, make copies of it and send them out to relevant literary agents. If they like it they will start the ball rolling for you.

I'm in the process of doing this myself with a book I'm working on.

Kindle self-publishing for me. :idea:

"Once upon a time........." used to tick the boxes for me.

Get hold of a copy if 'The Writer and Artist's Handbook 2015,' It's a thick tome but full of useful tips and articles as well as thousands of names and addresses of publishers and agents.

I'd also say that if you want to get it published it's an idea before you start to decide what readership you're aiming for, and finding out what's in vogue at the moment, and then seeing if you can tailor your idea/writing towards them.

Hi all.

Many thanks

Are you looking for tips on writing fiction? Or is the more legal aspects such as copyright?

Contact Writing Yorkshire on Bank Street. Very helpful. Will put you in touch with a number of writing groups in and around the city.

"Once upon a time........." used to tick the boxes for me.

Or consider "It was a dark and stormy night" :)