White Audi, High Lane, 01/12 around 9.20am

If by any chance you are reading this, credit to you for avoiding actions to miss the stupid woman in the Astra that turned around on the brow of the hill.

However, I caught everything on camera so if youve had damage done to your wheels, tyres, suspension etc, please message me and ill send you the footage in case you want to try and claim for any repairs.

Needless to say, with the speed involved, i am confident that would have been a fatality if you hadnt swerved up the pavement - im just glad there was no one walking.

And if by any chance the driver of the Astra is reading this, I have your registration and will be contacting 101 for advice as this is dangerous driving. What you were thinking when you turned around on a national speed limit road, ill never know but do me a favour and use public transport in future.

surprise of the day - Audi owner involved in good driving.

[sits back to await flak]

ps - looking at your signature ..... the Guy Martin programme on the Vulcan was superbe

ps - looking at your signature ..... the Guy Martin programme on the Vulcan was superbe

I agree with that bit. :thumbsup:

Yes it was brilliant, just a shame it wasnt a series.

Can you upload it to YouTube?

I will do soon, i want to give the owner a week or so (if hes found). Ive had advice that it cant be used as evidence for dangerous driving as its needs to be proven the dash cam is calibrated. Only thing it could be used for is supporting evidence if the driver of the Audi wants to report it.

Unfortunately, the speed of the Audi is too fast to read the registration plate.

Heres a still from the video:

100907192_zpsvvdzcfn6.jpg

Edited by simondjuk

Ive had advice that it cant be used as evidence for dangerous driving as its needs to be proven the dash cam is calibrated. Only thing it could be used for is supporting evidence if the driver of the Audi wants to report it.

Thats complet <removed>, what sort of calibration are they expecting the camera to have??

Plenty of people have 'been done' on the strength of dash cam or helmet cam evidence, usually it's more serious crimes like road rage.

Your garden variety careless/dangerous driving all go's onto Youtube, there's a few Facebook groups which post the videos as well.

Edited by Groose
masked swearing