Tv repair worth it?

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Just wondered if anyone knew whether it was worth repairing a large 40" TV (which just seems now to suddenly not want to turn on that's all). The light flashes but nobody is home! :confused:

Just getting the feelers out on whether it might be worth trying to repair it(might just simply be the switch or something) or simply investing in a new one. It is admittedly about 4 years old now. Do people still come out to repair these days or do you have to take them to a repair shop?

cheers

With the Cyber Monday deals it might be you best option to get an up to date model

the repair costs could be dear even if you could find a TV Repair Shop.

Thanks, yes maybe you're right. I'll have to scout out the best deals right now.

Enter the TV make and model with a small description of the problem and do a bing or google search on it. For example: sony xxx not turning on.

It may be a common problem with a simple solution.

We have fixed many complicated things for little money this way.

Edited by dutch

Phone up a TV repair shop and tell them you are will to pay for a simple repair, if you tell them £150, that is what they will charge, say 80 tops.

I used to work for a TV repair shop and some simple faults got exaggerated, they got done for it a few times. They have gone bust now.

It does sound like a simple fault; they may buy the TV from you and fix it.

Okay thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Try scouting at Richer Sounds as they have very good deals and in most cases have a 5 year guarantee and will also repair TV's outside the guarantee period.

Did a little search on that and there appear to be several people who have similar problems with bush TV

Here is one funny quote from a website I looked at.

"I`ve just called Argos who I brought the bush tv from and they talked me though how to fix this problem, here goes

Press and hold the on/ off button

Whilst holding unplug the plug from the wall

Continue holding for 30 seconds

Plug in the plug whilst continuing to hold the on/ off button

Continue to hold for a further 30 seconds

And the screen should come back on, it`s worked for me, good luck x."

sounds like bad capacitors in the psu, should be easy to repair. I could be wrong though.

Doubt it would be economically viable though, unless you know someone who's willing to do the work for a few drinks.