Life size cowboy in blackpool

can anybody settle this, in the sixties a shooting game in Blackpool you drew a gun against a big cowboy if you hit him his eyes turned red if he hit you first he would give you some lip. Both me and my mate were talking about it in the pub friday (his daughter thought we had both gone crazy) what we could not agree was i thought it was in the pleasure beach but he thinks it was on one of the piers does anyone remember?

Yes I remember the cowboy....but not in Blackpool, in Bridlington at one of the amusement arcades. You had to stand about 15 foot away in front of him, and when his recorded voice said "draw" you fired your gun....if you "hit" him, he said.....uuurrgghh! You got me! " I must a had a bit o' dirt in my eye!.... Great memories,I was about 9 or 10 and about 1964.

Yes I remember the cowboy....but not in Blackpool, in Bridlington at one of the amusement arcades. You had to stand about 15 foot away in front of him, and when his recorded voice said "draw" you fired your gun....if you "hit" him, he said.....uuurrgghh! You got me! " I must a had a bit o' dirt in my eye!.... Great memories,I was about 9 or 10 and about 1964.

Yes it was at Brid, where I last saw that cowboy thing in the 60's, but I don't recall one at Blackpool, mind you my main memories of Blackpool were in my late teens and twenties and those times were mainly spent in pubs LOL

can anybody settle this, in the sixties a shooting game in Blackpool you drew a gun against a big cowboy if you hit him his eyes turned red if he hit you first he would give you some lip. Both me and my mate were talking about it in the pub friday (his daughter thought we had both gone crazy) what we could not agree was i thought it was in the pleasure beach but he thinks it was on one of the piers does anyone remember?

There definitely was one at Blackpool pleasure beach in the early 80s. My late husband and I and some friends went for a day out and he took on the big cowboy. We all fell about laughing when he failed miserably and the cowboy came out with "Ah ya shoot like a big girl"!!

I remember the one at Mablethorpe. Didn't his eyes glow red when you shot him?