Broughton Lane incident tonight 28/11/15

Anyone know what happened on Broughton/Shepcote Lane this evening. Road closed for at least 2 hrs and up to 5 police cars in attendance???

A guy was hit by a vehicle outside the Noose & Gibbet.

My daughter got caught in the aftermath on her way home from work, she finished work in Meadowhall at 9pm and when she was stuck on Broughton Lane there wasn’t any emergency service’s in attendance.

I came out of the arena after seeing The Prodigy at around 10.45pm and everything was closed. Loads of police cars, paramedics, ambulance.

The police had taped the whole area off so all the arena crowds had to walk up the road before being allowed to cross to Centertainment.

Whatever happened looked pretty serious.

so sad ...love to all the friends and family xxxx

Did you witness a collision outside Sheffield Arena?

Police are appealing for information following a serious road traffic collision outside Sheffield Arena.

It was reported that at around 9.25pm yesterday, Saturday 28 November, a 19-year-old man was crossing Broughton Road when he was in collision with a silver Audi A3.

The Audi was travelling along Broughton Lane towards Carbrook when the collision happened close to the Noose and Gibbet pub at the junction with Surbiton Street.

The man, from the Rotherham area, suffered life-threatening head injuries and was taken to hospital where he remains in a critical condition.

The driver, a 30-year-old man from Sheffield, was not believed to be injured.

Police are asking anyone who saw the collision or who was in the area at the time to contact 101 quoting incident number 1125 of November 28 2015.

From...

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/appeals-information/did-you-witness-collision-outside-sheffield-arena

So has the pedestrian now passed away?

It doesn't say that in the police report.

It appears so going off the comments on the SYP facebook page.

Sad news indeed. Thoughts are with all family and friends.

it was a friend of my son in laws ....rotherham lad

love n condolences to all who knew him xxxx

I knew the young lad who unfortunately died following this incident, he was an apprentice at the engineering company I work for. He was a quiet,well mannered and confident young man

well liked by his colleagues.

When we heard of his passing on monday morning the whole workforce gathered to hold a minute's silence for him.

r.i.p Louis