Does anyone know the nearest place to cable ski? I am new to the area and used to go to cable ski near Thorpe Park in Surrey. What with the weather getting better I would like to get out there this Summer and cool off! :P

Originally posted by "tajcoral"

Does anyone know the nearest place to cable ski? I am new to the area and used to go to cable ski near Thorpe Park in Surrey. What with the weather getting better I would like to get out there this Summer and cool off! :P

Check the links section on this site and look under the Sheffield Links section. I placed a link to a place near by where you can Cable Ski. If you decide to go perhaps you could give us some feedback on here as to if it's anygood etc.

Thanks for the info and f_g for the quick link. I will be going there soon so I will let you know

I've been to this place and had a go, its good fun and can be done by complete novices, they give you all the gear wet suits etc and show you the basics, you do need to be reasonable fit as it is hard work.

I couldnt move my arms for about three days afterwards.....

Originally posted by "mikey"

I've been to this place and had a go, its good fun and can be done by complete novices, they give you all the gear wet suits etc and show you the basics, you do need to be reasonable fit as it is hard work.

I couldnt move my arms for about three days afterwards.....

How much did it cost and did you get as long as you wanted?

Can't remember exactly but I think it was about £15 for a couple of hours which is plenty long enough.

Watch out for the corners if you go, as there's a knack to getting around them, once you have mastered that its dead easy.

mikey

Has anyone noticed the hideous state of the cable ski pond? Scummy or what! Its certainly an incentive not to fall off. As the place is surrounded by scrapyards, I can only imagine the rat population. Its ok, but if you get the chance, go boat skiing. Such a buzz. Youll never cable ski again. Its good for beginers tho. just keep up to date with your jabs! Oh, and unless you like the feeling of slime between your toes, wear wetsocks.

Happy skiing!

Well I am pretty biased I admit! but I've been wakeboarding here for years and never had any issues with water quality (apart from the flooding a few years back where the lake couldn't be used for a month or so afterwards). The water is regularly tested by the water authority to ensure it meets the criteria for public use.

Never mind beginners, these days the cable is where it's at ...check out the kickers and sliders on the lake, if you come from a snowboarding or skateboarding background you'll love it!

Rother Valley Country Park if memory serves.