Pedestrians beware Pittsmoor road

I park on pittsmoor road as I work in town and refuse to pay. Anyway- today at 3.30 pm just as dusk was falling I headed back up to my car. Out the corner of my eye as I headed up the hill just before the cement factory I noticed a black guy dressed in all black watching me. He began to walk, and my ESP kicked in big time. Why would he all of a sudden start walking? He was coming up close behind me by this point so instead of heading further up the hill where there was less passing traffic I turned round to face him and said loudly in my phone "I'm on pittsmoor hill" as I walked past him he glared at me and clocked every item on me from my shoes to my bag. I quickly walked back down the hill to Derek Dooley way as he carried on bk up the hill. As my car was at the top of pittsmoor hill and I needed to get home I started to head bk up the hill thinking he would have scarpered. He hadn't. He was hiding behind the wall watching me. So again I ran bk to the bottom if the hill and waited about half an hour to go back up. Thank god he was gone. I called 101 and made a full description. Please please be aware when you are walking in this area there are plenty of bushes at the side of the road anyone could be pushed into them.

You'd be better off using the pay and display car parks for safety.

I work on Millsands and cycle up and down there after a night shift and its eerie and a hot spot for car break-ins so best not leave your car for that reason alone.

You can park on Nursery Street on private one for about £40 a month next to the church as some of my colleagues park there.

I see you live in Stannington, maybe the park and ride on the tram is easier and safer

Thanks for the advice both, I'm certainly going to park closer to town after this. Here is a lot of smashed glass on the road which suggests break ins.

I really don't like the idea of walking around that area in the dark, and unfortunately two of my bus routes home have now changed slightly. So instead of catching the bus on Nursery Street alongside the river, my nearest stop is in Pitsmoor.

Is it worth walking round the pitts for the cost of parking ?

There's very clearly some scary 'non-welcoming' 'non-gentlemen' in our great city.

Cut their balls off with a set of rusty shears - might dampen their 'machismo'.

I park on pittsmoor road as I work in town and refuse to pay. Anyway- today at 3.30 pm just as dusk was falling I headed back up to my car. Out the corner of my eye as I headed up the hill just before the cement factory I noticed a black guy dressed in all black watching me. He began to walk, and my ESP kicked in big time. Why would he all of a sudden start walking? He was coming up close behind me by this point so instead of heading further up the hill where there was less passing traffic I turned round to face him and said loudly in my phone "I'm on pittsmoor hill" as I walked past him he glared at me and clocked every item on me from my shoes to my bag. I quickly walked back down the hill to Derek Dooley way as he carried on bk up the hill. As my car was at the top of pittsmoor hill and I needed to get home I started to head bk up the hill thinking he would have scarpered. He hadn't. He was hiding behind the wall watching me. So again I ran bk to the bottom if the hill and waited about half an hour to go back up. Thank god he was gone. I called 101 and made a full description. Please please be aware when you are walking in this area there are plenty of bushes at the side of the road anyone could be pushed into them.

So nothing actually happened, then?

Sounds like she had a close call to me. Judging by what she's stated it seems the guy bottled it this time.

Edited by Guest

He began to walk, and my ESP kicked in big time. Why would he all of a sudden start walking?

maybe he was cold? :D

If so, why would he still be there minutes later, standing behind a wall? Getting out of the wind? Alan sounds like he got it right. Quick thinking upyonder, you probably saved yourself a nasty experience there. Next time call the cops first time, maybe.

You could have said "glad nothing happened"

Good the OP is safe, or we could have possibly been reading a different story.