Virus downloading when opening website?

Hi all,

I just wondered if any of you know what this is.. when I try to open the Evans website it keeps downloading something (i'm on chrome if that makes a difference) which says ''provider .aspx'' on it, each time I open the page or click on anything on the website? Is this a virus?

A malicious redirect perhaps? It is a bit hard to ascertain what you are experiencing.

A malicious redirect perhaps? It is a bit hard to ascertain what you are experiencing.

It's not actually redirecting to another page.. Do you use chrome? When you download something it goes into the box at the bottom which says ''show all downloads'', it's downloading it onto there as if it's a document but if you try to open it, it says we don't have the programme to do so. I think I'm going to call Evans, not that they'll know. But I thought it's weird that everytime I open evans.co.uk it does it

Apparently it's a known error :) phew, I panicked then!

Edited by Valentine1

What file does it download?

It says you can't open it but comes up at the bottom saying ''provider (6).aspx'' but when you click on it it says windows can't open this file. I had to reset the computer last week because of something randomly downloading, so didn't want to have to do that again! :hihi:

Try another browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox. Does the problem re-occur?

Download, Install and run Malwarebytes

IE appears to be ok on the following site, is this the one you are accessing?

http://www.evans.co.uk/en

Try another browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox. Does the problem re-occur?

Download, Install and run Malwarebytes

IE appears to be ok on the following site, is this the one you are accessing?

http://www.evans.co.uk/en

It actually resolved itself last night after a while, apparently they knew it was doing it. I wouldn't have minded but I wanted a coat and it ended up going on sale for black friday so I really wanted it! They actually told me to use chrome as it probably wouldn't be affected, but it was :hihi:. I was just worried it was going to have downloaded a virus onto the computer at first, I didn't actually realise it was coming from that page until I started clicking other things on the page and it kept doing it. I'll just have to hope it hasn't downloaded anything nasty :)

Thanks though!