All Season Tyres discussion thread

I need new rear tyres, and having been talking on another thread about winter/summer tyres, but not wishing to run two pairs, I'm looking for all season tyres. A compromise obviously, but a safer compromise than just putting new summer tyres on.

Can I find any though? No.

So, can you?

255/40R18

I can find winter, I can obviously find summer, so where are the all seasons?

No prize on offer, just the (questionable) kudos of out googling me!

Pirelli scorpion Verde on eBay. Once you've got the name most decent tyre places will order them in I guess.

Pirelli scorpion Verde on eBay. Once you've got the name most decent tyre places will order them in I guess.

Do they do them in Cyclone's size?

Ive got Hancook ventus v12 Evo 2 k120 on all four corners and they are amazing in all weathers. In the wet they grip like hell and in the snow they just keep finding grip. They are a real good tyre but are a softer compound so don't last quite as long as a harder compound tyre.

Do they do them in Cyclone's size?

Actually, that exact size they don't under closer examination! Apologies! Lots of 255, some R18 but not the actual size. Not much comes at all for that size. Weird!

Actually, that exact size they don't under closer examination! Apologies! Lots of 255, some R18 but not the actual size. Not much comes at all for that size. Weird!

I didn't know if they did or didn't..I know that some specific tyres in some sizes are very hard to find..

Google suggests that they don't come in the required size.

---------- Post added 27-11-2015 at 11:08 ----------

Yeah, that's why I'm struggling.

I found 255/40, but only in 20"... I can find 255 R18, but not in the correct profile.

Google suggests that they don't come in the required size.

---------- Post added 27-11-2015 at 11:08 ----------

Yeah, that's why I'm struggling.

I found 255/40, but only in 20"... I can find 255 R18, but not in the correct profile.

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/dunlop-sp-sport-01-dsst-225-40-r18-92-h-xl#102432135

Any good?

Or..

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/vredestein-quatrac-3-225-40-r18-92-v-xl#101953890

Don't seem to be many around at that size

Don't seem to be many around at that size

There's this company, but its a delivered tyre, not fitted. This tyre is a good price, but how noisy it will be is anyone's guess. The company is on our system and we bought some tyres from them last year. I'm sure they are still on the van.

http://www.eco-tyre.co.uk/index.php/type/new/winter-tyres/minerva-emizero-4s-225-40-r18-92w-xl-m-s-all-weather

The thing is do you go for a no-name all season tyre that might be crap in all weathers or a known branded tyre thats good in some but crap in others??

The thing is do you go for a no-name all season tyre that might be crap in all weathers or a known branded tyre thats good in some but crap in others??

The 2 in my link above are Dunlop and Vredestein

I don't think they're "no-names"