Who's going to take over from David Cameron?

What happens with the Labour leadership succession is pretty much irrelevant. Whoever replaces Corbyn has almost no chance of leading Labour to victory in 2020. The defeat in May was too severe.

I thought it might be May a couple of years ago. But not now - she's fallen away badly. Johnson has never really convinced me as a Tory leader. He's nothing in parliament. It will be Osborne.

It is therefore very relevant. The Tories need someone capable of running a country not fighting an election. Whoever it is will still have an election to win, but if the opposition is Jeremy Corbyn, Jeremy Clarkson could do the job.

He turned London around? You might want to ask some Londoners how they feel about that...

Yes he did. He is extremely popular in London and has stood up for it many times, unlike Red Ken who only stood up for himself.

Yes he did. He is extremely popular in London and has stood up for it many times, unlike Red Ken who only stood up for himself.

I shall repeat my answer to dubaidani:

Your mileage may vary :D I can give countless anecdotes of Londoners I know who think the opposite. A lot is going to depend on your political stance clearly.

I shall repeat my answer to dubaidani:

Your mileage may vary :D I can give countless anecdotes of Londoners I know who think the opposite. A lot is going to depend on your political stance clearly.

The difference between Boris and Ken is that Ken was in charge during the times of plenty when a Blair government was squandering cash as if there were no tomorrow. It would be interesting to see how Londoners viewed Red Ken if he were having to run the city on an austerity budget.

The difference between Boris and Ken is that Ken was in charge during the times of plenty when a Blair government was squandering cash as if there were no tomorrow. It would be interesting to see how Londoners viewed Red Ken if he were having to run the city on an austerity budget.

Yeah possibly. If it helps most of them weren't keen on Red Ken either so perhaps they are just hard to please?!?!

The obvious replacement is Osborne. He has done a very creditable job, I am particularly impressed by the way he reversed his decision on tax credits.

I know its not fashionable for politicians to change their minds but to his credit he has listened to voices on his own back benches and made a sensible change.

With 32million working, the fastest growing economy in the developed world and the deficit coming under control he is clearly the leading contender for the PMs job.

The question is who replaces George?

I'd have thought that,if anything,Blair stabbed Brown by handing him a poisoned chalice..Blair left of his own accord didn't he?

Stabbed with a chalice, sounds like a rubbish game of Cluedo.

Your mileage may vary :) I can give countless anecdotes of Londoners I know who think the opposite. A lot is going to depend on your political stance clearly.

please do elaborate? mileage? which are these Londoners you speak of? political stance ?

Personally I couldn't give a toss.

Years ago I used to actually enjoy watching political programmes, reading various comments, ideas and thoughts.....these days I just think none of them really give a damn. They've got a good job with fantastic benefits. So long as they smile, and be seen to care and be working hard they are set up for life.

I now compare politicians like charites

They all start out with good honourable intentions, but along the way greed takes hold and they just can't help themselves. Of course their mantra will always be "do as I say. not as I do"

I haven't got the time of day for any of them. After forty years of listening to their spiel I simply switch off.

As prime minister then it will be Jeremy Corbyn,as conservative leader then Boris Johnson.

A choice of 3 for the leadership, I have heard that before, recently.

What about Dr Liam Fox or David Davis?

David Davis has a lot of credibility, as does Theresa May. Boris Johnson definitely not