Best place for real xmas trees 2015

Hi...Can anybody recommend a place for good quality real xmas trees please? I bought mine from loxley garden centre last year and you only had to walk past the tree and all the needles fell off even though they were advertised as no drop needles! It also went droopy after a week!

Many thanks

last year we 'rented' a living tree from Heeley City Farm, we watered it every few days and this year we have been informed that we can have the same tree again, and a bit bigger I presume. the tree kept it needles and we were very pleased with it. The cost was £25, would recommend Heeley Farm.

We sometimes get ours from Longshaw estate at Fox House. They are a bit pricey but you can make an event of it with a walk round the estate and hot chocolate and cake in the National Trust cafe. Last year we got ours from a greengrocer on Fulwood shops. It wasn't too pricey and lasted brilliantly. We don't put our tree up til Christmas Eve (family tradition) so all the good ones have usually gone by the time we get round to buying ours!

JTF at catcliffe is again this year having 6ft for £9.99. Bought one last year & lasted perfectly well until taking down in Jan - will be purchasing again!

B&Q have got some pretty good ones. I'd stay well clear of JTF ones unless you like redecorating trees for when the needles fall off or better still try Heeley city farm

We sometimes get ours from Longshaw estate at Fox House. They are a bit pricey but you can make an event of it with a walk round the estate and hot chocolate and cake in the National Trust cafe. Last year we got ours from a greengrocer on Fulwood shops. It wasn't too pricey and lasted brilliantly. We don't put our tree up til Christmas Eve (family tradition) so all the good ones have usually gone by the time we get round to buying ours!

National Trust at Longshaw have a big selection of Nordmann Pine, Fraser Fir, Lodgepole Pine and Norway Spruce in a variety of sizes. As a charity they're trying to raise funds so aren't the cheapest, but their quality is good. You get a free hot drink with every tree. They also have a few trees growing in their nursery to be supplied with roots, or cut fresh - but not so many this year as last I gather, so an early visit may be necessary for them.

B&Q have got some pretty good ones. I'd stay well clear of JTF ones unless you like redecorating trees for when the needles fall off or better still try Heeley city farm

:rolleyes:

Not true at all ,

I had one from there last year it was fine

We had 2 JTF trees last year, both indoor & outdoor... absolutely fine with very little needle loss!

last year we 'rented' a living tree from Heeley City Farm, we watered it every few days and this year we have been informed that we can have the same tree again, and a bit bigger I presume. the tree kept it needles and we were very pleased with it. The cost was £25, would recommend Heeley Farm.

Do you have to collect and return the tree yourself ?

---------- Post added 28-11-2015 at 11:09 ----------

Ecclesall woods saw mill sell Christmas trees I believe.

bought a top class tree from homebase yesterday,no needle drop type,middle price range 25% off all trees till Monday,they net and cut bottom off ,just in Friday,put in shed in bucket of water till next week,top class and have used them for years thanks

birley moor garden centre, fresh trees kept outside cold over 30 years in the market for trees....................... top tips keep your tree outside till the last minute, stand your tree in water,saw 2inch of the bottom fresh cut so your tree will take upwater like flowers in a vase., keep away from a radiator, if you have to put near a radiator turn it down or off, the nordman keep needles longer, but you dont get the traditional xmas tree look