Millington Family

I am trying to locate any family members of Vincent & Barbara Millington who lived on Upper Albert Road.They had two daughters one was called Kay.I was fostered by them many moons ago and wondered if any of the family are still around.Vincent used to work in the pits.

Hi paulowls284 - I can just give some information from public records. Vincent and Barbara were married in 1959, and their two daughters were Anita M. Millington, born in 1960 and Kay Millington, born in 1965.

Vincent sadly died aged 71 in 2009 - I have sent you a 'Private Message' with a link to the obituary notice.

thanks Hillboro for your information.Vincent will be a big loss to this world as he was one hell of a fella who took me under his wing along with Barbara when I was young and vulnerable.I am glad to see they adopted John he was also in their care when I was with them but he was a baby.Hopefully one of the remaining family will read this forum and contact me.Thanks for you help.

Hi Paul,

I am  Vin's son in Law. 

You are right - Vin was a great bloke and my "surrogate father" in my teenage years...

If you get this reply - then feel free to ask me anything via the forum... or we can pick this up off line.  You can contact me via my website - address         www.soyouknow.co.uk.

Regards

Chris