Tapas Restaurants

Hiya! Besides the obvious front runner Cubanas, are there any other spanish/tapas Restaurants in Sheffield (or even Dronfield and Chesterfield) that are worth their salt ? Cubanas and also La Mamas look great and i'll certainly be trying them, but I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere good but a little more off the beaten track ?

Many thanks

There isn't a decent Tapas Restaurant in Sheffield

Bia Comida at the Dog and Partridge on Trippet Lane? I have not been there but it sounds intriguing: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186364-d6740573-Reviews-Bia_Comida-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.html

El Toro in Broomhill, but the reviews are mixed: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186364-d2214517-Reviews-El_Toro-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.html

Trippets Lounge Bar does nice 'small plate' style food, not really tapas but very nice.

Try The Beer Engine. Pretty good imho and I lived in Spain for a couple of years.

Thank you all - Bia Comida certainly sounds interesting. I didn't even know it existed.

As with the Mediterranean restaurant - I didn't know they did tapas, I just assumed it was all seafood and the usual med food.

The Manor House in Dronfield still offers a Tapas menu, used to be very good but not been in ages.

There isn't a decent Tapas Restaurant in Sheffield

Unless the Mediterranean on Sharrow Vale Road has gone down hill it used to do excellent tapas at lunch times

The Manor House in Dronfield still offers a Tapas menu, used to be very good but not been in ages.

I went earlier in the year and it was still pretty good- easily comparable to ones in the centre of sheffield.

La Mama , Abbeydale road, really nice Tapas bar, and you could have a really nice pre-meal drink across the road in the Picture House Social :-)

Mediterranean is great, check the times for tapas when you book. El Torro is good, only Tapad in the evening.