Sheffield foodbanks near you to donate advent calendars to?

It's not something we are involved in spilldig. Sorry.

Maybe ask at Hallam FM, just with it saying Hallam they might have heard.

BB.

Already tried bluesbrother, but nothing on their website. I hope you have more luck than me.

You could try The Children's Hospital.

Foodbanks really appreciate some extra treats like this for clients and particularly children at Christmas.....

Hillsborough S6 and Crookes Foodbank, based at St Thomas Philadelphia Network Church mentioned above

http://sheffields6.foodbank.org.uk

Details of Foodbanks across Sheffield.

http://www.sheffieldfoodbank.org.uk/

Look out for collections in many supermarkets first weekend in December.

Thanks everyone,

Great idea from Melly07, she followed it up for us and they are collecting 50 calendars.

I did a final count earlier and we had 669 of them donated... Then more arrived!

So we are still looking to donate around 300 more, Please ask around for me or spread the word around social media, as I will be busy all day tomorrow delivering to the food banks that we have managed to contact.

Have you contacted the food bank at High Green, the one run by Maureen Greaves? Im sure she has plenty of contacts with also being part of the local church groups? Perhaps the childrens hospital? im sure many of the ill/sick children in there would be greatful of an advent calendar and im sure purchasing one is on the very last of the parents minds.

Hi bluesbrother. Can't help you on this I'm afraid, but have you any idea what's happened with the Hallam cash for kids.

Every year I have bought new toys and taken them to a collection point but this year I can't find a collection point. Nothing on the net?

Article in last night's Star, about Hallam cash for kids----"To find a gift drop-off point --visit http://www.hallamfm.co.uk/mission.

Hope that helps.

Hi! Not sure if this is still valid, but I work for Burngreave foodbank and we would be very grateful for any donations of advent calenders if there are still some going. Thanks!

Hi Mcduff,

we have around 80 calendars left, If you could get someone to pick some up for you from The Royal Standard, St Marys Rd.

Unfortunately my car has just broken down as I was delivering them around earlier, so I am now unable to drop them off.

Let me know if this suits you.

BB.

Article in last night's Star, about Hallam cash for kids----"To find a gift drop-off point --visit http://www.hallamfm.co.uk/mission.

Hope that helps.

Thank's for that nanoffive.

---------- Post added 27-11-2015 at 16:11 ----------

You could try The Children's Hospital.

Good idea too Max.

Thank you BB. I too am carless just now as it's been in the garage so won't be able to pick some up until Monday. Is that too late? (It's not Advent till tues :))

That's Ok, we open at 4pm on Mondays, so see you around then.

Would you like to take all 88 that we have left?

Thanks BB. yes, we can take them all if there are no other takers, but if you get other requests, please give to them as well. Will call in on Monday then - probably closer to 5pm.