Sheffield foodbanks near you to donate advent calendars to?

Hi everyone,

If you know the people at your local food bank, or have the chance to ask...

We have been collecting advent calendars to donate to them.

Fortunately/unfortunately a couple have emailed us to say they have received too many donations already!

So we need them to go to the right places.

We aimed to get around 100 - 200 to donate. We now have 500+.

If you would be so kind as to PM me (or ask them to) with how many they would like, we can ensure that we get them to the right places so all the KIDS can get one.

Thanks,

Yorkshire people are tooooooooo generous!

Hi bluesbrother

Apologies for the unseemly argument that happened on your thread. It has now all been removed but I'm aware that this leaves your thread with no responses- sorry and all that.

Could Shelter, or the homeless place on Burngreave Road help, I forgot the name of it.

They might have families who might be happy for the kids to receive a treat.

Thanks Medusa,

I did notice when I took a quick look earlier, but I had a couple of PMs to deal with from people giving details.

Just to be clear, we do numerous things throughout the year for charities & have donated to food banks (with the usual tins etc) through a third party.

The idea behind the calendars was to give something to the KIDS, after all, if you're having to use a food bank, little things like advent calendars will be the last thing on your mind.

We have given out 200 so far today, which leaves over 300 to get out by the weekend. So if anyone has any contacts please let me know.

Hi Bluesbrother

We do some work with the Grace Food Bank at Lowedges, have you had any contact with them, if not we can contact the organisor and get back to you. Thanks for your generosity.

Thanks Medusa,

I did notice when I took a quick look earlier, but I had a couple of PMs to deal with from people giving details.

Just to be clear, we do numerous things throughout the year for charities & have donated to food banks (with the usual tins etc) through a third party.

The idea behind the calendars was to give something to the KIDS, after all, if you're having to use a food bank, little things like advent calendars will be the last thing on your mind.

We have given out 200 so far today, which leaves over 300 to get out by the weekend. So if anyone has any contacts please let me know.

Hi bluesbrother. Can't help you on this I'm afraid, but have you any idea what's happened with the Hallam cash for kids.

Every year I have bought new toys and taken them to a collection point but this year I can't find a collection point. Nothing on the net?

It's not something we are involved in spilldig. Sorry.

Maybe ask at Hallam FM, just with it saying Hallam they might have heard.

BB.

Lovely idea, good on you! Maybe ask some churches, I know that Philadelphia church collects food.

I can guess what the argument was about, but I could be wrong- this is SF after all :rolleyes: where a question about gardening can turn into a heated fight about whether to bring back hanging.

What a lovely thing to do

Sean at FoodAware might be able to help you to help other people. It's a community interest group that works mainly in Rotherham and Doncaster but is also in contact and supplies food to some food banks etc in the S5 area (and maybe more areas) http://www.foodawarecic.org.uk/

This is a lovely idea. I'm collecting some for distribution by food banks, but to give some to the refuges would make a big difference to those kids.