Pulled Pork McDonalds ad.. irresponsible??

I cannot see why pulled pork is seemingly on the rise, what's up with a good thick slice ordinary pork, why turn it into mush?.

Angel1

Don't you think it looks rank though :gag:

It reminds me of how things like sausages get represented as 'nice' when it's mechanically recovered chicken. I can't imagine this is much better if described correctly :hihi:

I quite like pulled pork, although I haven't and probably won't be trying it at McDonald's.

---------- Post added 24-11-2015 at 20:31 ----------

The tattoo is repulsive, or tattoos in general, or visible tattoos?

All three. Just don't like them, and particularly ones near the face, but as I said, it's each to their own.

I cannot see why pulled pork is seemingly on the rise, what's up with a good thick slice ordinary pork, why turn it into mush?.

Angel1

I agree.

You can guarantee that the McDonalds variety won't have been part of an individually slow cooked joint that has then been then lovingly teased apart with a fork.

Ham is best.

Pulled Pork is what you get when you dramatically overcook the pork joint. Ghastly stuff!

Same here. It looks like its been pre-chewed for you.

Pulled Pork is what you get when you dramatically overcook the pork joint. Ghastly stuff!

You're spot on Sedith...It was probably the result of someone forgetting they put the pork joint in the oven...Finally realising, getting it out the oven, finding it wouldn't carve into recognizable slices, and finding it would only fall apart into small bits, and then thought they'd call it 'pulled pork'...:hihi:

Same here. It looks like its been pre-chewed for you.

You're spot on Sedith...It was probably the result of someone forgetting they put the pork joint in the oven...Finally realising, getting it out the oven, finding it wouldn't carve into recognizable slices, and finding it would only fall apart into small bits, and then thought they'd call it 'pulled pork'...:hihi:

Though it's probably 'ok' stuff at Mcd, I imagine this will be a way of selling off the crap that remains off decent meat. Like kebabs.

At least kebabs look half decent if half cut :hihi:

I imagine this will just look as it does - predigested.

I don't know what pulled pork people in here have had but its not supposed to be overcooked or mush.

In order to do pulled pork you slow-roast the pork joint so that its extremely tender and juicy, THAT is why it can be pulled (shredded), if it was burnt you wouldn't be able to.

Edited by AlexAtkin

I cannot understand why people eat McDonalds!......the food on their ads resemble nothing like what you pay for!

Not mush, but Drastically increases surface area, which is where a lot of the chemical reactions take place that make things tasty when cooking, plus more surface area to cover with whatever sauce you're having. Shouldn't be mush though. Hell I don't eat pork at all anymore I don't really know.

Edited by flamingjimmy

i think you are right, most retail outlets or customer facing roles are against visible tattoos, i certainly would not employ anyone with face, neck, forearm or hand tattoos, i have some myself but they are hidden in professional circumstances. i cant understand why people have facial or near facial tattoos surely they know employers will shy away?

I hope that whoever you turn down because they have tattoos takes you to an industrial tribunal and you get fined :roll:.

Not mush, but Drastically increases surface area, which is where a lot of the chemical reactions take place that make things tasty when cooking, plus more surface area to cover with whatever sauce you're having. Shouldn't be mush though. Hell I don't eat pork at all anymore I don't really know.

The pulled pork in our works canteen is like a soup of sugar with strands of meat floating in it.

It smells awful and I havent been brave enough to try it but it looks more appetising thasn the McDonalds one.