Should The Queen Retire?

Should The Queen Resign?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Queen Resign?

However you are ignoring the restoration, which restored his son, Charles

2nd, in an unbroken line to the throne, who was crowned in the same ceremony used since Edward the Confessor in Westminster Abbey, with the same Divine Oath Unto God, and with the same divine symbols of power (Orb and Sceptre.) In fact exactly the same service as used by our Queen, (remember the annointing with Holy oils which she regarded as so Holy she wouldn't have it filmed, so took place in private, under a canopy?)

Sad that one of the Georges (III, I think) was offered legislation for Irish Catholic Emancipation, which might have avoided the 20th century troubles in Ireland; he vetoed it because he thought it would violate his Coronation Oath to support the church of England.

Cliff Richard for King.

;)

Queen Surely?

I think she is a little old, defo time for a change told lass...

Harleyman what difference would it make to any anti-monarchist whether the Queen lives to 115 or not?

It's the institution of monarchy that we would like to see disappear. Ever heard the expression 'the King is dead, long live the King'? That's the way it works, one down, next up, no matter what kind of dipstick is next in line.

As to the Queen herself I wish her a swift recovery & a long healthy old age. After all she had no more choice as to the family she was born into than the rest of us.

Royalty as an institution is anachronistic & makes this country look like Ruritania to the rest of the world. The sooner we grow up & become a proper democracy the better.

---------- Post added 13-03-2013 at 11:38 ----------

Sorry about the double post there. I have no idea how this forum works!

Tried to edit first attempt to get rid of smiley & thought i'd lost it so reposted along similar lines. Needed my 4 year old grandson with me to talk me through it!

all you who want to be rid of the monarchy just think how tony bliar acted while in office, and what its cost this country. No thanks i wouldnt want a president he could grant himself anything! (bit like that nhs bloke giving himself increases)

I think maggy thatch would love to have been the queen - witness her "we are grandmother" speech when her wayward son Mark had a child.

I do feel sorry for Queenie though, the old girl has had the trots for 2 weeks & everyone is calling for her head :hihi:

Sorry about the double post there. I have no idea how this forum works!

Tried to edit first attempt to get rid of smiley & thought i'd lost it so reposted along similar lines. Needed my 4 year old grandson with me to talk me through it!

Some of us are afflicted with some minor limitations.:hihi:

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN and Cliff Richard.:)

Edited by janie48

Some of us are afflicted with some minor limitations.:hihi:

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN and Cliff Richard.:)

Them two should have retired years ago, no country should have two old queens working at the same time especially at their age.:hihi:

I think its great to have an apolitical head of state that can develop long term relationships with other heads of state and the queen is very good at it.

I don't understand what everyone is going on at, she only had gastroenteritis not exactly a life affecting disease, it's only a inflammation in the stomach no reason to wonder if she can continue living :roll:

She was only in hospital over night !

I think its great to have an apolitical head of state

Why?

What advantage does it give over having a political head of state?

Why?

What advantage does it give over having a political head of state?

because they are not alienating anyone or getting kicked out in 4 years and they don't have to pander to an electorate.

because they are not alienating anyone or getting kicked out in 4 years and they don't have to pander to an electorate.

Equally they aren't appealing to anyone, because they never say anything political. They don't pander to anyone because their opinions are locked away.