Should The Queen Retire?

Should The Queen Resign?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Queen Resign?

Agreed. We're the only ones who do the monarchy thing right. Always have, always will. It's one of the only things that we're still best in the world at!

Yeah we are good at being kept in check, and made money from.

The British people are good at having false smiles realising that the monarchy is only a monarchy because it raped and pillaged its way their, but let's all clap our hands and sing god save the queen eh ;)

Did people not learn about history in school ?, and how people were forced out of their homes and off their lands for it to be replaced by the monarchy's taxed lands ?, yeah let's all be happy that that queen only got that seat because she stepped on the ants ( or should I say got her cronies to step on em :hihi:)

who cares what she does another parasite will take over

Got to admire her dedication to the job, can't imagine many pensioners keeping up with the pace she does but she does of course get the very best of health care. I think for her own wellbeing and just to relax in her late years she should consider abdicating, though I wouldn't fancy being Charles, I bet Mama wouldn't be able to keep her beak out.

Id like to see the whole Royal Family resign and we can take back the council houses and put them to better use. :)

What is it that people think she does ?, she ain't out digging the gardens over every day is she, all she does is gets transported from tea party to tea party and meetings.

IMO she should be in top health !, it's the 80 year old men and women with hands full of shopping bags I see everyday that I admire.

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 18:40 ----------

Id like to see the whole Royal Family resign and we can take back the council houses and put them to better use. :)

No... Wouldn't work, if we lost the monarchy now we would just have to have a president or other type of ruler in its place, which would come to a much worse outcome for us all tbh.

The thing about having an elected President though is that they are exactly that; 'elected.'

Occasionally you'll get one that isn't fit for purpose, but you can vote them out or just wait for their limited term to expire.

The Duchess of Cambridge is currently walking around with an unborn baby inside her, I wish her well with that, as I have no personal animosity toward any of them. I do however find it completely ridiculous that that child will automatically become Head of State of this Country.

We do not know if it will be male or female, clever or dim, decent or evil. The only thing we do know is that one day barring accidents whatever else it may be, it will be Head of State.

That is a completely anachronistic, archaic state of affairs which should have been dealt with years ago.

As for the present Queen, although I disagree with monarchies, if you have to have one, no one could have done it better. She totally understood the rules, kept her opinions to herself & therefore offended nobody. Will whoever takes over understand that? Somehow I doubt it.

Yes she should step down. Although her duties may not have been exactly 'hard graft' she is in her mid eighties & should be retiring.

Have a look at the events of Jan 30th 1649.

bit before my time tbh, i dont remember it that well, think i was playing a lyre

Why would we be able to take back the council houses?

Not being facetious, just don't understand.

all you who want to be rid of the monarchy just think how tony bliar acted while in office, and what its cost this country. No thanks i wouldnt want a president he could grant himself anything! (bit like that nhs bloke giving himself increases)

all you who want to be rid of the monarchy just think how tony bliar acted while in office

Good job the Queen stopped him then.

:rolleyes:

all you who want to be rid of the monarchy just think how tony bliar acted while in office, and what its cost this country. No thanks i wouldnt want a president he could grant himself anything! (bit like that nhs bloke giving himself increases)

Why would you need a figurehead to kowtow to? We have a parliamentary democracy, we don't need a separate head of state. I have no need of a monachy but its amusing to see some supporters wanting the crown to bypass Charles and go to William. On the one hand they believe monarchs are given their position by god but on the other hand they want to skip a generation because they don't like the next in line.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

And where is Tony Blair now? Gone. That's the whole point. Presidents, Prime Ministers, politicians in general are only temporary. They cannot award themselves a permanent position for life the laws of this country & all other democracies don't allow for it.

Monarchies on the other hand are outside the peoples control. What happens if a complete madman was to inherit? It's not as though there's no history of it in the family is it? The armed forces & police in this country swear allegiance to the crown not the Country.

In this day & age, simply being born into a certain family should not place you in a position of influence over other people. Anyone wishing to exert any kind of power over a population should place themselves before the people & persuade them to give them their support. Should they then fail in delivering, they should expect to be replaced at the next election that is the way mature grown up countries conduct themselves.

Anyone who considers themselves to be a subject (from the verb subjugate) in this century is, in my opinion, belittling themselves as a person.