Should The Queen Retire?

Should The Queen Resign?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Queen Resign?

Why does everybody dismiss Charles as stupid or dumb? Are the results of any IQ test he ever took public knowledge? Didnt he once learn to fly an aircraft or a chopper while in the service?

Mastering those skills isnt something a dumbo would be capable of

Glad you have mentioned those skills Harleyman.

For the main reason that the man talks to plants and believes in holistic medicine. Dumb is generous. ;)

Some GPs who practice conventional medicine believe in some holistic treatments.

A lot of people have a little chat to their plants,thats because they believe a theory from studies in botany,that being that plant growth can be stimulated by a release of CO2 from a human or something of that nature.

Some GPs who practice conventional medicine also believe in some holistic treatments.Not everything need be dismissed because it hasn't been proven to work.

:huh:.....

I'm not sure she can legally just resign...

I think she would have to ask Parliament, and they'd have to pass a specific law allowing her to abdicate. I don't think they'd say no to be honest if she did ask though, as the constitutional problems caused by her effectively 'going on strike' would be pretty substantial :hihi:

Thought it was the queen who passed any laws,that parliament wanted.

A lot of people have a little chat to their plants,thats because they believe a theory from studies in botany,that being that plant growth can be stimulated by a release of CO2 from a human or something of that nature.

You've convinced me. He'll make a good King now ... okay.

Maybe we can get him a shrub to be his Personal Secretary. :)

Not everything need be dismissed because it hasn't been proven to work.

It can be dismissed by medical science until it has been proven to work.

These are only minor points though. The man's bigger failing has already been highlighted, and isn't something to be glossed over so lightly. While Prince Charles has any will, wish or desire to lobby and influence Parliament, I'll be here to decry the man. It's the antithesis of what I consider to be acceptable. It's an outright abuse, and no shiny medal for 6 weeks long service can cover that up.

These are only minor points though. The man's bigger failing has already been highlighted, and isn't something to be glossed over so lightly. While Prince Charles has any will, wish or desire to lobby and influence Parliament, I'll be here to decry the man. It's the antithesis of what I consider to be acceptable. It's an outright abuse, and no shiny medal for 6 weeks long service can cover that up.

You'll love this article i've found for you. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-478558/So-Charles-right--talk-plants-scientists-discover.html

Why does everybody dismiss Charles as stupid or dumb? Are the results of any IQ test he ever took public knowledge? Didnt he once learn to fly an aircraft or a chopper while in the service?

Mastering those skills isnt something a dumbo would be capable of

Somebody else flew it for him - like his bum cleaner.

How do you know that Millibrand doesn't sleep with a stuffed teddy bear or Cameron doesn't read the Beano when in the toilet?

You dont because their lives are not the subject of every press/media hack unlike the royals.

I would say that many politicians including many of ours this side of the pond are bigger idiots than what Charles is alleged to be.

Show me the results of his IQ test and I'll make a judgmenet from that

How do you know that Millibrand doesn't sleep with a stuffed teddy bear or Cameron doesn't read the Beano when in the toilet?

I don't.

I'm happy to see that you're only defending the petty criticism and letting the larger problem of interfering with Parliament go unchallenged though. :)

I don't.

I'm happy to see that you're only defending the petty criticism and letting the larger problem of interfering with Parliament go unchallenged though. :)

You know as well as I dio that a monarch these days is powerless to interfere with the workings of the parliament. A monarch has the right to be consulted and the right to advise. That's where it stops. It would only be a matter for the PM to politely and firmly make it clear to Charles that his "interfering' is unconstitutional and unwelcome and has no legality whatsoever. End of story.

Apart from the legalities the Queen has more say than you think.

You know as well as I dio that a monarch these days is powerless to interfere with the workings of the parliament. A monarch has the right to be consulted and the right to advise.

Charles isn't a monarch.

If it's such a minor thing, his letters can be published then. No need for the secrecy.

End of story.