Afternoon tea on Christmas Eve

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend somewhere for an early-ish afternoon tea in or around Sheffield on Christmas Eve? It's my wife's 30th, so would be nice to go somewhere a bit special. Don't mind driving a bit, preferably north rather than South though as we're meeting friends from Wakefield.

Thanks,

Craig

Not sure if a lot of places will do afternoon tea on Christmas Eve, but Wentworth Garden Centre does an excellent one. Geographically it might suit you and your friends, come to junction 36 M1. I've had afternoon tea at the Ritz, and pound for pound Wentworth stands up very well in terms of food quality( not quite the same surroundings) but there you go!

I doubt that they would want to travel from Wakefield to Thoresby on Christmas .eve!

Try the Prosecco bar on the corner of Leopold Street. Lovely little place. Browns do one too, as does the Mercure hotel.

Had one at the Leopold Hotel yesterday - was very nice.

If you don't want to go too far out of town, Jameson's Tearooms on Abbeydale Road, just down on the other side from the old cinema. Do a great afternoon tea, good selection of food and cakes as well.

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 00:33 ----------

dont you just hate it when someone asks for advice and then never even bothers to come and look at it.

If you want to go further afield (as the weather is mild and it's a 30th) you could go to one of the Bettys tea shops, though they close around 4pm. Bettys is one of my favourite tea shops - I've been to all 6!

http://issuu.com/bettysandtaylors/docs/bettys-harrogate-christmas-opening-?e=1631292/11912189

Alternatively try a nice hotel as they'll not be desperate to close and get off home for Christmas! Whitley Hall Hotel off the A61 nr Grenoside would be handy for your Wakefield companions.

http://www.afternoontea.co.uk/uk/yorkshire-the-humber/south-yorkshire/whitley-hall-hotel/

They also do a lunch (whether it's this price at Christmas I don't know):

http://www.whitleyhall.com/special_offers

I've never been - I live too nearby!

Afternoon tea at Whitley is bob on - bit more expensive than some places but the surroundings are lovely. Worth the extra for the Mrs birthday