Turkish shave in sheffield

I remember burning wax tapers were used in British barber shops in the 1960's at least.

I'm surprised a cut throat razor is used. In an earlier thread on here it was stated that no one will use the open cut throat now as they can't get public liability insurance. It was stated that anywhere that will do a traditional shave will now only use a disposable one.

Which is correct?

Thanks for the info about a traditional Turkish shave. I bought my 80yr old dad a £20 voucher for Father's Day from Marmaris on Abbeydale Rd. He was a bit wary when I explained what I had seen on the video, but he went along. Had a haircut, and a shave - the full works (with a cut throat razor). He was a little worried when Mustafa used a lighter around his ears, but said he thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience (must be true because he left a £2 tip!!). Bit too expensive for him to go more regularly, but he was told a haircut alone would be £5.

I was chuffed to have found a gift which was a bit unusual, and my mum says it's the best haircut he's ever had. So, that treat will be repeated for my dad's birthday and Christmas presents!

Thanks for the info about a traditional Turkish shave. I bought my 80yr old dad a £20 voucher for Father's Day from Marmaris on Abbeydale Rd. He was a bit wary when I explained what I had seen on the video, but he went along. Had a haircut, and a shave - the full works (with a cut throat razor). He was a little worried when Mustafa used a lighter around his ears, but said he thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience (must be true because he left a £2 tip!!). Bit too expensive for him to go more regularly, but he was told a haircut alone would be £5.

I was chuffed to have found a gift which was a bit unusual, and my mum says it's the best haircut he's ever had. So, that treat will be repeated for my dad's birthday and Christmas presents!

I'd like to do something like this for my OH :hihi: sounds great!

I wish they had a Turkish salon for females.

It is massive in Turkey, when I lived there every two days I would get my hair washed and blow dried, manicure, pedicure and threading, I always looked imaculate! It was so cheap too about ten pound for everything.

I wish they had a Turkish salon for females.

It is massive in Turkey, when I lived there every two days I would get my hair washed and blow dried, manicure, pedicure and threading, I always looked imaculate! It was so cheap too about ten pound for everything.

That sounds great. I would certainly use a salon like that, but I don't suppose it would be that price in this country. Might be reluctant to let them shave me tho :lol:

Any one know where you can get a Turkish Shave like this in the North of Uk

I had one many years ago in Turkey and it was fantastic :D

please open one in Sheffield has Sheffield got a Turkish community where do they go :confused::help:

yeah... am looking for a spot to open one.. should be ready after newyear..at the moment, am acting as a mobile barber..check me out on ademsturkishbarbers.moonfruit.com

theirs a place in fir vale that does turkish shaves, i just cant rmember the name, oh and i had one done 2 months ago and it was fantastic, not scary or painfull in anyway shape or form. i ended up having another one a week later.but that was while i was in turkey.

its fantastic

please open one in Sheffield has Sheffield got a Turkish community where do they go :confused::help:

Wow! First time I've wished I was a bloke. That looks so relaxing. I'd be having one every day!

Can't provide a turkish shave, but Mann has changed a little since I last posted, we have now had a full refurb and now have a classic gentleman's club look. We have a drinks license and sell cigars as well as being able to offer cut throat shaves, we know offer thai massage, manicures, pedicures, massage, personal training, male waxing and lots of other therapeutic treatments. You can come for a hair cut or a full days worth of luxury it's up to you. With the re development has come a new name Harrington's of Bawtry. Call 01302 233050 for a price list posting or to book something for christmas. Cut throat shaves start from £20, while a back massage costs £20 and a manicure £16.

Hope to those who came during the summer back now we have re opened.

Can't provide a turkish shave, but Mann has changed a little since I last posted, we have now had a full refurb and now have a classic gentleman's club look. We have a drinks license and sell cigars as well as being able to offer cut throat shaves, we know offer thai massage, manicures, pedicures, massage, personal training, male waxing and lots of other therapeutic treatments. You can come for a hair cut or a full days worth of luxury it's up to you. With the re development has come a new name Harrington's of Bawtry. Call 01302 233050 for a price list posting or to book something for christmas. Cut throat shaves start from £20, while a back massage costs £20 and a manicure £16.

Hope to those who came during the summer back now we have re opened.

What I've not been seen in Sheffield area since I moved here that there are no proper barbering services and now I have decided to give the unseen mans treatments in this area by opening my own place... I worked about 9 months for a mans grooming and the reaction I've got for my services was unbelievable as all the clients was asking me that why I dont open my own place.. Since I've left that barbers '' about 3 weeks now'' my phone has not stoped ringing every day... I've looked for a right spot for my barber salon and will be opened in the next 2 to 4 weeks.. Every body can shave and hair cut, thats no problem, but not every body can give the treatments like we turks do give to our clients.. we take care of their needs... BELIEVE in this!!! I will let the whole area know about the place once its opened and will be invited to the discount shave and hair cut day '' The Opening-day''... About my prices; very reasonable, econamical and worthy for every penny... My differences will be noticed '' well, its already well known by my clients''... I may not be the best barber but I believe I'm good as I take pride and joy at what I do and give proper treatments to my clients...

Adems Turkish Barbers '' Mans proper grooming salon''

Call Adem on 07761114298

Tksh, where had you been working? Which shop?

I'm drooling at getting one of those. Did anyone notice how much younger and refreshed the guy looked towards the end?