Helicopter Just landed

Just seen an unusual helicopter just fly over and according to flightradar24 its a Sikorsky S-92A and its just landed on land adjacent to Crooks Wood Road.

Anyone know why?

Just seen an unusual helicopter just fly over and according to flightradar24 its a Sikorsky S-92A and its just landed on land adjacent to Crooks Wood Road.

Anyone know why?

Maybe rescue helicopter bringing some one whos been injured out in the peaks they are know for landing here or in northern general.

It passed over here at deepcar about an hour and a half ago on its way towards the peak district.Very loud helicopter it made the whole house shake.

Anyone know why?

Dont know but I can hear music near Park Hill and lots of cheering. Could be light switch on but a bit too far for that unless the wind is carrying it.

Maybe rescue helicopter bringing some one whos been injured out in the peaks they are know for landing here or in northern general.

if that's Cooks Wood Road, its because there's a helipad

I had no idea that there was a helicopter pad up there and the rescue scenario works too because the flightpath showed that it did indeed fly in from the peaks; just east of Glossop.

Thanks for the quick replies, I can now rest easy:)

The Sikorsky S-92A has replaced the SeaKing helicopters for use in Land, Air & Sea rescues. They land on a helipad in the fields off Cooks Wood Rd and then the patient is transported to NGH by ambulance.

It passed over here at deepcar about an hour and a half ago on its way towards the peak district.Very loud helicopter it made the whole house shake.

It was loud but it had about 8 lights under it, I thought I'd seen my first ufo at first:hihi:

I had no idea that there was a helicopter pad up there and the rescue scenario works too because the flightpath showed that it did indeed fly in from the peaks; just east of Glossop.

If it was east of Glossop it was probably an incident on Kinder Scout.I have been up there several times but it was far too icy for me to go up there today.Ice and rocks do not go together too well.I am a fair weather hillclimber nowadays.

It's been there since I was a child, I remember going to watch Sunday league football at the 'Heliport' since I was about 8, so nearly 40 years

Just found out on the RAF website that it is based at Caernarfon airport in Wales.They do a good job.:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 22-11-2015 at 18:08 ----------

Apparently there is one also based at Humberside airport so more likely to be going back there.