Undercover relationships

It is however unethical and immoral to be paid out fo the public purse to construct an identity for yourself which you use deliberately to mislead someone over a period of years. It's a bit different from you pretending (?) to be a tosser in order to get someone into bed for the night.

He didn't actually like them did he? Or was he just after a bit Eco how's-ya-father.

He didn't actually like them did he? Or was he just after a bit Eco how's-ya-father.

Sorry, who do you mean?

Sorry, who do you mean?

He might have liked them. His feelings may have been honest even though his identity wasn't.

On the other hand he was just after easy sex from some dewy eyed protesters.

Is anyone reminded of that episode of "the thin blue line" where rowan atkinsons wife joins some green protest?

He might have liked them. His feelings may have been honest even though his identity wasn't.

On the other hand he was just after easy sex from some dewy eyed protesters.

Is anyone reminded of that episode of "the thin blue line" where rowan atkinsons wife joins some green protest?

There were at least four of them, not just one, though.

Really? How do you know?

What?

I'm really good at psychology.

We're the ladies good looking? If they were you can kind of understand the actions of the coppers.

There were at least four of them, not just one, though.

To be honest I looked at article and couldn't easily think of any other groups where this situation might happen. I doubt it would happen with an under cover officer in organised crime for example.

The whole thing looks like a big waste of tax payers money from start to finish.

The whole thing looks like a big waste of tax payers money from start to finish.

Indeed, the tax payer has fathered a child. That is really expensive.

---------- Post added 21-11-2015 at 01:54 ----------

It is not uncommon to project a contrived image of ourselves, especially in front of the opposite sex.

If your employer told you to make babies, who is responsible for them, and who is responsible for the act that created them?

I'm really good at psychology.

We're the ladies good looking? If they were you can kind of understand the actions of the coppers.

So, the psychology is.. a woman has to be good looking in order to impregnate them? Or cops only go for hoods with good looking women?

Using your logic, do coppers avoid arresting good looking women because of their looks also, and as a bonus give em one?:roll:

You were taught psychology where?...Dahn pub maybe?

So, the psychology is.. a woman has to be good looking in order to impregnate them? Or cops only go for hoods with good looking women?

Using your logic, do coppers avoid arresting good looking women because of their looks also, and as a bonus give em one?:roll:

You were taught psychology where?...Dahn pub maybe?

No, at university.

The psychology is that men are more drawn towards physical factors than ladies are. So a man is more likely to be tempted to sleep with a person just based on their looks than a lady will.

Good looking people of both genders are indeed less likely to be arrested as well as being the recepients of significant positive bias with juries. It is to do with honesty, good looking people are perceived as more honest than ugly people, this is not just sexual. Heterosexual males are almost as bias towards good looking men as they are towards good looking women for example. We have gone off track a bit but if you are interested use google to find out more. Thoroughly interesting.

With regards to the story, I feel sorry for the child alone in all of this.

I could also feel sorry for the police officers involved too. I heard one of the women saying how she was being lied to, lived with a stranger; and other disparaging things about the police officer involved.

I wonder if the police involved may have developed real feelings for the women and also the children that they fathered? I would suspect so. To a degree, these officers themselves were abused be their superiors when they asked (or expected) them to act as spies.

I disagree with this.

Part of being a professional (which a police officer is supposed to be) is to be able to keep their personal feelings in check, and not abuse their position.

I know that there are codes of conduct for those who work in public services such as teaching, counselling, medicine, and social care which expressly forbid developing intimate relationships with those who they are working with. Why should the police be any different?

Some of my antipathy stems from the many other instances where police officers have being found wanting (such as the many deaths of people that have occurred whilst people are detained by the police), yet there have been few, if any dismissals from police officers, let alone convictions.

They had consensual sex, they just didn't know the true occupation of the person they were having sex with. If every man who'd ever lied about his occupation in order to impress a woman was arrested for rape, the courts would get awfully crowded.

Yes, in future all undercover officers should be required to wear hi-viz jackets with "UNDERCOVER POLICE OFFICER" clearly written on them. To avoid ambiguity.

***** me. Is everyone taking stupid pills today?

The woman who pretended to be a man to have sex was jailed. That was consensual sex.

I am sure it was difficult for the policemen too.

There should be much more to this story, one woman that had a baby to a policeman was a hunt saboteur.

Why was such a thing getting so much effort put into it, when police are so scarce on the ground.

Because hunt saboteurs are a problem for rich people.