Undercover relationships

I dont agree. They consented to have sex with a different person, not just someone with a different occupation.

Disagree they consented to have a relationship with the person except they were misled as to that persons occupation.

Disagree they consented to have a relationship with the person except they were misled as to that persons occupation.

Did the police use their real names??

The above makes little sense, but I think it can only mean: 'they consented to have a relationship with the person, except they were misled as to that person's occupation'.

No. They were misled as to that person's whole identity. That's more of a deception than simply being misled as to occupation.

Men and women have misled each other, both in and into relationships since time began, if these particular women need to be compensated then there are quite a few blokes out there that should compensated for bringing up the children of other men when and if they find out.

As for the comment about it being rape, sorry EL Cid but that is cobblers !

Edited by Michael_W

Men and women have misled each other, both in and into relationships since time began, if these particular women need to be compensated then there are quite a few blokes out there that should compensated for bringing up the children of other men when and if they find out.
Apparently one in seven children of married couples are fathered by someone other than the husband.

As for the comment about it being rape, sorry EL Cid but that is cobblers !
Yes, I have to agree with you.

This post hits the nail on the head. The feds were out of line and were caught out. Its no wonder there is a lack of respect for them if this is the way they carry on.

They weren't feds, they were police. We don't have feds in this country.

The above makes little sense, but I think it can only mean: 'they consented to have a relationship with the person, except they were misled as to that person's occupation'.

No. They were misled as to that person's whole identity. That's more of a deception than simply being misled as to occupation.

I pretend to be a different person to get birds into bed. A few months ago I was on a date with an "artist", I pretended to enjoy her stuff and listening to her prattle on before getting what I wanted. Not as extreme as the coppers, but still a deception.

It is not uncommon to project a contrived image of ourselves, especially in front of the opposite sex.

It is not uncommon to project a contrived image of ourselves, especially in front of the opposite sex.

It is however unethical and immoral to be paid out fo the public purse to construct an identity for yourself which you use deliberately to mislead someone over a period of years. It's a bit different from you pretending (?) to be a tosser in order to get someone into bed for the night.

it is however unethical and immoral to be paid to construct an identity for yourself which you use deliberately to mislead someone over a period of years. It's a bit different from you pretending (?) to be a tosser in order to get someone into bed for the night.

No, silly. I pretend not to be one.

Are you allowed to use that word?

It is however unethical and immoral to be paid out fo the public purse to construct an identity for yourself which you use deliberately to mislead someone over a period of years. It's a bit different from you pretending (?) to be a tosser in order to get someone into bed for the night.

Pretending?

I pretend not to be one.

That sounds like a challenge for you.

That sounds like a challenge for you.

You are the one making personal attacks princess.

What the coppers did was pretty bad, but when you live in such an environment it can be difficult to keep reality and pretense separate. It must have been traumatic for them too.

We're any of the ladies fit?

What the coppers did was pretty bad, but when you live in such an environment it can be difficult to keep reality and pretense separate. It must have been traumatic for them too.

Really? How do you know?

We're any of the ladies fit?
What?