Mali gunman attacks..

Doubt it, same as no Iraqi, Turkish, afgani, Egyptian, Russian, Ukrainian etc etc, hypocrisy

How is it Hypocrisy ?

If something happens to your next door neighbour/someone you are close to, would you be more upset/angry than a complete stranger, someone miles away, you have no connections with?

I know its simplified logic, but its what it boils down to, not race etc as some make out

Also, this is not an attack on Mali its an attack on the ''evil westerners''

Edited by IanG

Some of the hostages will be Chinese. It will be interesting to see how Beijing reacts if they don't make it out of there.

Doubt it, same as no Iraqi, Turkish, afgani, Egyptian, Russian, Ukrainian etc etc, hypocrisy

Loss of human life wherever it is, is terrible but its only natural to feel more sorrow/shock/horror when its closer to you.

Edited by Guest

Lots of human life wherever it is, is terrible but its only natural to feel more sorrow/shock/horror when its closer to you.

But, as a rule of thumb the French hate us. We've fought with them constantly over the centuries and football supporters will have happily booed their national anthem if the Paris attacks hadn't happened.

But, as a rule of thumb the French hate us. We've fought with them constantly over the centuries and football supporters will have happily booed their national anthem if the Paris attacks hadn't happened.

I see the French as a bit of a sibling to the UK. We fight and bicker with them, but god help anyone else who tries.

Hypocrisy?:loopy:

We are 20 miles away from France(we have been for a little while now:hihi:)

I would consider them as a close neighbour.(crazy logic eh?)

Will any of the countries you mention be doing the same for us if something similar happens to us? (Iraqi, Turkish, afgani, Egyptian, Russian, Ukraine,etc,etc)...

Thought not.

Maybe you could go along to Hillsborough this weekend and show your disdain during the silence?

Thought not.:rolleyes:

Hypocrisy?:loopy:

We are 20 miles away from France

I think you are out by about 20 miles there. There's a land border now :)

I think you are out by about 20 miles there. There's a land border now :)

That's true.

So technically,they are closer than Ireland.:hihi:

I call it selective humanity, I noticed no one had the Russian flag up or asked that we prayfor Russia when over 250 innocent people got blown up in the sky just recently by Isis.

I call it selective humanity, I noticed no one had the Russian flag up or asked that we prayfor Russia when over 250 innocent people got blown up in the sky just recently by Isis.

Is that the same Russia that is blaming the West for creating IS?

Maybe you should go on RT news website(choose any page),and read the comments below and you will soon see what a lot of Russians think about us.

"selective humanity" and "Russia" in the same paragraph :hihi:.

I wonder how many minute silences took place in Russia when MH17 was shot down by a Russian missile?

Edited by SqueakyPete

Nobody knew at the time it was a bomb.

We have less in common with Russia, the same Russia that flies it bombers probing our defences several times a week.

They do the same.