Mali gunman attacks..

Probably not all of them have lost family. But I reckon most of them will have lost family members- it's a culture with big extended families that tend to stay in touch regardless of which countries they are split amongst.

That's a big reach you (and many others) have made. I can see how it will swell numbers a bit but let's be honest ISIS were killing and raping their way through Syria and Iraq before we did a thing, as were their Taliban brethren before them in Afghanistan before their house mate bin laden opened up a huge can of worms in 2001.

Is that the same Russia that is blaming the West for creating IS?

Maybe you should go on RT news website(choose any page),and read the comments below and you will soon see what a lot of Russians think about us.

"selective humanity" and "Russia" in the same paragraph :hihi:.

I wonder how many minute silences took place in Russia when MH17 was shot down by a Russian missile?

That is just what I was thinking about Russia.

I remember taking part in a Europe wide 3 minutes silence in respect of the people killed in the Indonesian Tsunami.So I am quite sure that we do not disregard the tragedies that happen in the rest of the world.There are so many terrorist acts going on around the world that it is sadly starting to become the norm.If Russia had asked Europe for a minutes silence in respect of the victims of the airline disaster or Turkey had asked for a minutes silence in respect of the murder of the people of the Turkish attacks I would have observed it.I was in a shop when we had a minutes silence for the Paris attack victims and unfortunately the only person not observing it was an Asian gentlemen which led to him getting a few comments after.He may have not realised but he could have been doing it on purpose,i don't know.

Don't we have a land border with Ireland as well?

Not the last time that I looked :suspect:.

The United Kingdom does,but I was talking of England,since the reply I made was about this weekends minute silence's,in the English Premier league ;).

I remember taking part in a Europe wide 3 minutes silence in respect of the people killed in the Indonesian Tsunami.So I am quite sure that we do not disregard the tragedies that happen in the rest of the world.

A Tsunami is a natural disaster- it's not caused by humans so the victims have no humans to direct their anger/hatred towards.

Bombing a family funeral isn't a natural disaster- it is caused by humans so the victims have clear human targets for their anger and hatred.

There's never been, and there never will be, a 3 minute silence for the many innocent victims who have died in funeral bombings. That's why I'm quite sure that we do disregard the victims of family funerals.

What would you call it when Turkish football fans boo through a minute silence to respect the 129 dead in Paris?

you won't get anything from them on that one, they pick and choose what questions/parts of questions they want to answer, they must be budding politicians ;)

What would you call it when Turkish football fans boo through a minute silence to respect the 129 dead in Paris?

you won't get anything from them on that one, they pick and choose what questions/parts of questions they want to answer, they must be budding politicians ;)

I see it as disrespectful and it shouldn't have happened...

You were saying IanG? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 21-11-2015 at 03:42 ----------

Nobody knew at the time it was a bomb.

We have less in common with Russia, the same Russia that flies it bombers probing our defences several times a week.

They do the same.

Is that the same Russia that is blaming the West for creating IS?

Maybe you should go on RT news website(choose any page),and read the comments below and you will soon see what a lot of Russians think about us.

"selective humanity" and "Russia" in the same paragraph :hihi:.

I wonder how many minute silences took place in Russia when MH17 was shot down by a Russian missile?

Russia is bombing Isis is it not?

They are bombing a common enemy yet still don't get any credit, thanks or condolences. WoW!!

Just to clarify I found the booing at the minutes silence disrespectful and not the minutes silence itself as assumed by some numb nut.

Edited by mafya

Or the BBC, who did a great cover up job in pretending it never happened.

[/color]

They are bombing a common enemy yet still don't get any credit, thanks or condolences. WoW!!

Nicely ignoring the points I made, which were that the UK had more in common with its neighbour France who is an actual ally and stands for a lot of the values we also regard as important. Amazing you cant see that.

Russia got the appropriate levels of condolences passed on by the PM to their PM. It was not possible at the time as it was not established nor accepted it was a bomb. There was plenty of sympathy in the media for the victims of the air crash, but in common with victims of any air crash i.e its a tragedy and nobody wants to be in one never mind innicent victims. So really you are quite wrong that there was none, juts you have some difficulty understanding why the UK might feel it has more in common with terror attacks in its neighbour and ally. Russia doesnt respiond in the same way when the UK is attacked.

As for your miguided form of logic on bombing, then if you read up you will see Russia has been bombing mostly the elements of opposition to Assad that the west are supporting and not ISIS. Why would the west be congratulating them for that? Why should that get them any credit or thanks or condolences?

Wow for your logic.

I see it as disrespectful and it shouldn't have happened...

You were saying IanG? :rolleyes:

Are you saying this crap with a straight face?

You are obviously not up to date with the Russian/West affairs then?:rolleyes:

Just because we share the same enemy as Russia(which isn't hard considering IS is everyone's enemy,given the nature of their agenda)

Does that mean we should forget all the crap Russia has done for the last few years?

Instead of looking for a victim all the time,why don't you just acknowledge that today's silence was a decent gesture towards the French?

French players,and even French fans have played a big part in supporting the Premier league over the years,is a minute silence really not the least that could have been done?

Lets not pretend your sticking up for Russia here eh?You are becoming very transparent.:rolleyes:

Edited by SqueakyPete

Nicely ignoring the points I made, which were that the UK had more in common with its neighbour France who is an actual ally and stands for a lot of the values we also regard as important. Amazing you cant see that.

Russia got the appropriate levels of condolences passed on by the PM to their PM. It was not possible at the time as it was not established nor accepted it was a bomb. There was plenty of sympathy in the media for the victims of the air crash, but in common with victims of any air crash i.e its a tragedy and nobody wants to be in one never mind innicent victims. So really you are quite wrong that there was none, juts you have some difficulty understanding why the UK might feel it has more in common with terror attacks in its neighbour and ally. Russia doesnt respiond in the same way when the UK is attacked.

As for your miguided form of logic on bombing, then if you read up you will see Russia has been bombing mostly the elements of opposition to Assad that the west are supporting and not ISIS. Why would the west be congratulating them for that? Why should that get them any credit or thanks or condolences?

Wow for your logic.

The west is supporting future Isis members, WoW! :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 21-11-2015 at 22:14 ----------

Are you saying this crap with a straight face?

You are obviously not up to date with the Russian/West affairs then?:rolleyes:

Just because we share the same enemy as Russia(which isn't hard considering IS is everyone's enemy,given the nature of their agenda)

Does that mean we should forget all the crap Russia has done for the last few years?

Instead of looking for a victim all the time,why don't you just acknowledge that today's silence was a decent gesture towards the French?

French players,and even French fans have played a big part in supporting the Premier league over the years,is a minute silence really not the least that could have been done?

Lets not pretend your sticking up for Russia here eh?You are becoming very transparent.:rolleyes:

Oh so it's a matter of taking sides and not about compassion for any fellow human beings, Wow.

How am I becoming transparent? Go on spit it out as I'm dying to know. :rolleyes:

The west is supporting future Isis members, WoW! :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 21-11-2015 at 22:14 ----------

Oh so it's a matter of taking sides and not about compassion for any fellow human beings, Wow.

How am I becoming transparent? Go on spit it out as I'm dying to know. :rolleyes:

What on earth are you going on about? less emoticons and more rational explanation. If all you cna do is roll eyes its just an excuse for being unable to get your point across.