Illegal parking Handsworth road in a morning !!

The blanket or trade insurance is correct. Its my understanding even a trader is not allowed to keep a car on a public road untaxed. What tends to happen as well is DVLA start sending out fines to the previous keeper even though a car has been moved onto a trader.

I found this online, some of it refers to Cornwall, but other parts are national:

Sale of vehicles by a trader

It is illegal to place vehicles for sale at the roadside in the following circumstances:

The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 makes it an offence to place two or more motor vehicles for sale on a road* within 500m of each other. Traders doing this could be issued with an £100 fixed penalty notice or prosecuted and fined up to £2,500.

Where the positioning of the vehicle breaches a designated street trading restriction: there are restrictions are in place at various locations across Cornwall - the Licensing Service has full details. (Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Acts 1976 & 1982)

Where the vehicle causes an illegal obstruction of the highway* or interruption to other road users. This extends to any danger or interruption resulting from people manoeuvring around the vehicle’s location to examine it. [Highways Act 1980, Road Traffic Act 1988 & The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986]

Just to update - the cars weren't there this morning when I went past so a visit from parking services may have done the trick, it will be interesting to see if they return to the road next week.

Worth noting that the parking services car was also parked illegally.

They are allowed to park in contravention of restrictions whilst carrying out their duties.

Just to update - the cars weren't there this morning when I went past so a visit from parking services may have done the trick, it will be interesting to see if they return to the road next week.

Either that or they monitor the posts on SF.:suspect:

I really hope the council do listen. There are plenty of people shouting about it. I bought a carpet from the carpet shop this year before it became wilsons carpets and I was moaning to him that I struggled to park to go to his shop. He said he rented the car part to the car sales for £5k a year and that the owner of the land was in talks to put a KFC and costa coffee there and the car cleaning place. That should make the traffic better!! (Not) Iv not seen any planning applications yet.

Worth noting that the parking services car was also parked illegally.

I did complain to the council myself yesterday, via twitter, about this. I don't expect anything to happen.

They are allowed to in order to issue tickets.

I believe that the car dealer is moving into a plot near Wicker Arches in the near future......

You're wasting you're time I'm afraid. I have been trying to do something about illegal parking on my street.. The council don't give two hoots! What they don't realise is they could earn a lot of revenue from issuing tickets. #Madness

The reason this location hasn't been enforced on is that the yellow lines were so worn that they could not be enforced. Once they have been renewed, they will be enforced.

Have the yellow lines been renewed since you posted in November 2015?

I wouldn't hold your breath on how quick they will clear. I know of a illegal car dumped and parked there illegally on a main road and was so for 4 days beforehand anything happened