Illegal parking Handsworth road in a morning !!

Is any body else sick & tired of illegally parked cars outside Apa mortors on handsworth road in morning..Blocking flow of traffic from 2 lanes into 1 putting 15 mins on journey time every morning>>:mad:

contacted council several times over last few month !! useless the cars belong to ther car dealership as most are on the website. COUNSIL DONT GIVE TICKETS OR TOW AWAY even tho parked directly underneath no parking sign ffs !!

Start taking pictures of the cars, include those in the complaints to the council.

If they continue to ignore it then you've got decent evidence they know full well whats going on.

I have been forwarding photos showing reg no. via e-mail to highways dept. same cars sometimes for over a week.After months of complaining today they laid out no parking cones around the illegally parked cars haha Unreal.

Get the press involved, put some pressure on the council to act.

It is very frustrating, same thing on the way home in the evenings too. You'd think the council would be there every night topping up their budget that they grumble is getting cut each day. £80 fine per car, gotta be 10-15 cars each day, getting on £1k a day or £365k a year. Think how many extra champagne bottles that would be at the Christmas party.

Could pay for another h̶o̶l̶i̶d̶a̶y̶ business trip to 'find a partner' for the Severnstone project.

Send bulk of pictures to police, they have power to issue FPNs.

They might be bothered.

There were no parking cones on both sides of Handsworth Road around there this morning and a parking services van parked up looking at these cars. I only hope they have been given tickets as they cause a real distruption to the traffic flow, we'll see if they are stil there tomorrow.....

Just a thought: if you crash into an illegally parked car, what happens? I mean, if the car was parked on a genuine road that's meant to be clear.

I'm not saying people should just drive into the cars, especially if your problem is the added time on your journey. I can't imagine that would improve the situation particularly. Although, it might in the long term!

i was thinking of accidentally breaking down this morning which would then block both lanes. when police or traffic came out they surely would have to tow illegally parked cars ??

The parking cones were presumably to do with the repainting of the yellow lines, which was taking place when I left for work just after eight o'clock this morning; they don't seem to have got very far though, by the looks of it...

The single yellows have more or less disintegrated on both sides of the road now, leading to a noticeable increase in people failing to notice (or simply ignoring) the time restrictions of late. Although in fairness it's not just parked cars that cause the delays - the traffic on this stretch of road in the mornings has been getting increasingly worse for several years.