The work capability assessment should be declared “unfit” to work.

As more and more jobs are automated and offshored, it's ridiculous to pretend that there are jobs for all. Might as well leave the jobs for those that actually want them and let those that don't live in peace without hassling them. It really isn't that different to how things used to be except just drop the pretense (and expense) of making people on benefits prove that they are disabled or that they are looking for work.

Someone needs to have three epileptic daytime seizures a week to be declared unfit to work under current judgment systems.

REDICULOUS, INSANE. These people don't know nothing about what fit to work means.

Someone needs to have three epileptic daytime seizures a week to be declared unfit to work under current judgment systems.

REDICULOUS, INSANE. These people don't know nothing about what fit to work means.

Are declarations of "fit to work" qualified in any way, or is it a binary system?

Are declarations of "fit to work" qualified in any way, or is it a binary system?

As I understand it, it’s a points system, based on particular tasks you are expected to be able to carry out “repeatedly and in a timely fashion”. There are mostly physical ability questions on the forms, which is why mental health claimants get screwed over.

As I understand it, it’s a points system, based on particular tasks you are expected to be able to carry out “repeatedly and in a timely fashion”. There are mostly physical ability questions on the forms, which is why mental health claimants get screwed over.

Is there an appeals system? Or any way to get a proper assessment?

Is there an appeals system? Or any way to get a proper assessment?

Yes theres an appeals system . Claimants win 58% fo appeals, which is ridiculously high and thats 58% of a flawed system.

Yes theres an appeals system . Claimants win 58% fo appeals, which is ridiculously high and thats 58% of a flawed system.

How long do appeals take, and are benefits withdrawn whilst the appeal is pending?

Think of how much money all these assessments and appeals cost. It would cost no more if we just let people who felt they weren't up to working just declare this, and recieve a modest income that allowed them to live a frugal lifestyle. Rather than all the threats, bullying and subterfuge that we see today.

How long do appeals take, and are benefits withdrawn whilst the appeal is pending?

As far as i understand it if you get a decision you disagree with then you have to apply back to the DWP within 1 month and ask for a reconsideration, which they can take as long as they wnat about and may include new medical etc. It could be months. Once you have a reconsidertion and assuming you disagree, then you have another month in which to appeal for an independent tribual at HMCTS. To get a hearing date will depend on how busy they are but its months. During this time you cna ask to be kept in assessment rate which is n par with JSA.

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-benefits/challenging-a-benefit-decision

As far as i understand it if you get a decision you disagree with then you have to apply back to the DWP within 1 month and ask for a reconsideration, which they can take as long as they wnat about and may include new medical etc. It could be months. Once you have a reconsidertion and assuming you disagree, then you have another month in which to appeal for an independent tribual at HMCTS. To get a hearing date will depend on how busy they are but its months. During this time you cna ask to be kept in assessment rate which is n par with JSA.

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-benefits/challenging-a-benefit-decision

So appeals take ages and benefits are withdrawn pending appeal.

If this were changed, I would have thought it would mitigate substantially the harm from bad decisions.

Forcing other people to pay for the lazy in addition to themselves is what's "not on". Most are content to pay for the unable. Asking them to pay for the lazy as well is profoundly unfair.

I've never done this before, but I'm making a declaration of Troll. Do I hear a second?

I'll second, third and fourth it. Where do they think the money comes from?

It's not the government who's paying benefits, it's the taxpayers, so they want to take away the incentive for anyone to better themselves and provide for their families. Unbelievable. We haven't become a rich country by everyone sitting on their backsides. But then again it's become a left wing principle,'the lowest common denominator'.

So appeals take ages and benefits are withdrawn pending appeal.

If this were changed, I would have thought it would mitigate substantially the harm from bad decisions.

You must have missed my last sentence. Whilst you are in appeal you van ask to be on an assessment rate, which is equivalent to JSA, but cna be substantially less than what you were used to.