Gibraltar Street Shops

I notice the boards on the shops opposite Shakespeares are being replaced.

I wonder if some development is pending.

Probably just to make the area look better

Maybe council making the owners do it. They have done it in other areas

The signs say that the shops will be refurbed to the tenants specifications and there is a rent free period too.

Nice little row of shops there.

Be nice to get trade back down there. Used to luv west bar tandoori

Be nice to get trade back down there. Used to luv west bar tandoori

So did we-it seemed to close down suddenly!

Yes. He weren't taking enough and was making a loss after all the bills and had been thinking about it for a while and decided he was closing it and so shut it. Used to love coming out of Shakespeare for a curry

Anyone with any news on future plans, there aren't a lot of boards protecting the premises at the moment!

Funnily enough I was in the Shaky Monday dinner sat near some posh blokes in suits, I got the impression they were landlord/accountant types and they were discussing Gibraltar St, who owned what, how much they paid and how long tenancy agreements had to run. They said that Gibraltar St is about to become Sheffields next "Hot Spot" , he said Costa Coffee are interested and then they all huddled in and started whispering. Thats's as much as I heard.

Funnily enough I was in the Shaky Monday dinner sat near some posh blokes in suits, I got the impression they were landlord/accountant types and they were discussing Gibraltar St, who owned what, how much they paid and how long tenancy agreements had to run. They said that Gibraltar St is about to become Sheffields next "Hot Spot" , he said Costa Coffee are interested and then they all huddled in and started whispering. Thats's as much as I heard.

It wouldn't surprise me if this stretch of road did well in the next few years.

I wonder if a small micro-pub might fair well, it's quite close to many flats/kelham island and the law areas.

It wouldn't surprise me if this stretch of road did well in the next few years.

I wonder if a small micro-pub might fair well, it's quite close to many flats/kelham island and the law areas.

One of the unit would make a really nice bar. Similar to 'The Tramshed' with the exposed brickwork etc.

Wish i had £50,000 to spare