Particularly heavy traffic today 16/11/15

It took me an hour to get from the Manor Park turn off of the Parkway to the bottom of Ecclesall Road in the rush hour tonight. That is under two miles. Everything seemed gridlocked. Is this normal?

Fraid so mate. Courtesy of Sheffield City Councils (p155 poor) planning department.

It took me an hour to get from the Manor Park turn off of the Parkway to the bottom of Ecclesall Road in the rush hour tonight. That is under two miles. Everything seemed gridlocked. Is this normal?

No, well I wouldn't say normal, but depending on what time, I doubt you're ever going to do that route very quickly in rush hour.

I would say at 17-1800ish, that's looking at a normal day of 25-35 mins.

Perhaps 15-25 on a good day, and once you get to 45mins+, there's most likely a pigeon been run over somewhere on the ring road, or Radio Sheffield have announced snow.

what do people expect when you have a traffic system designed by a demented monkey on acid

last night

Glossop Road still closed for installation of new water main.

Heavygate Road closed due to collision, paramedics heading there about 5pm

One route blocked by police near the city centre , no idea why

Something went off in Shalesmoor, paramedics and police in attendance.

Took me THREE hours last night leaving Abbeydale Road at 4pm back to Hillsborough stadium. Ridiculous. Ended up having to go out to Meadowhall and back on myself!

City grinding to a holt.

Then how come I set off from Walkley at 8:10am, went to Bristol Street Motors on Attercliffe Road where my wife had dropped her car off for a service and drove her to work at Silverdale School at Bents Green - then went to my lads house on the Wybourn and loaded up my car with waste cardboard, took it to the dumpit site at Shirecliffe, went to Tesco's Infirmary Road for a paper and was sat at home with a cuppa just after 10am? Been home earlier if it wasn't for the usual queue at the dumpit site.

City grinding to a holt.

I blame the otters.

I did Kiveton Park to Crookes in an hour last night. I can just about live with that commute. It takes 50 minutes in the morning. Most of that is taken-up with getting from Crookes to the Parkway. For the last few years I have been able to avoid the rush hour.

Took me nearly three hours to get from east Midlands airport to Sheffield tonight. Roadworks and loads of the obvious. Its the British way to queue, so I'm not complaining.

I spent 30 years fighting the rush hour traffic on the way to and from work and am now lucky enough to work hours that usually avoid it.Hate it now on the odd occasion I encounter it so much of your life stuck in your car going nowhere fast.

Then how come I set off from Walkley at 8:10am, went to Bristol Street Motors on Attercliffe Road where my wife had dropped her car off for a service and drove her to work at Silverdale School at Bents Green - then went to my lads house on the Wybourn and loaded up my car with waste cardboard, took it to the dumpit site at Shirecliffe, went to Tesco's Infirmary Road for a paper and was sat at home with a cuppa just after 10am? Been home earlier if it wasn't for the usual queue at the dumpit site.

They wrote that at half 7 at night so could have meant late rush hour.

still, that's not bad timing.

... the trickiest one of those in traffic, I would go for the Attercliffe to Bents Green part (if late rush hour). The others aren't particularly common routes in rush hour, and with good road AND traffic knowledge (as you must have if not using sat) I think could be done quite quickly in late rush hour.

Edited by *_ash_*