Filming in locations around Sheffield

Hopefully, when the Alcubierre (Alcobierre?) device is sparked up on the Alcocopter™, I'll be able to 'move on', back, or even sideways … name your time preference! :thumbsup:

Summer of 69?

we saw an unusual very bright light on the hill behind wadsley park village (crosspool/crookes hill?) slightly to the left when looking across from grenoside main street one evening in early january. were they filming then?

A production company were filming yesterday and into the night at the last property on Stothard road, which is right next to Bolehill park.

They're still filming in the same location today.

They're still filming in the same location today.

If they are, there is less filming kit on-site as of this morning.

I see the mods have struck again and merged the bright light shining at Crookes into the filming in the city centre thread

Any reason for this?

Also filming in Crookes ITV Life of Anne Summers!

I see the mods have struck again and merged the bright light shining at Crookes into the filming in the city centre thread

Any reason for this?

Daft isn't it? I've just been looking for the Crookes thread and stumbled upon it in this one. Perhaps someone with the buttons thinks Crookes is in the centre of town, similarly to the poster who thinks Crosspool is in Crookes? :huh:

I live in Crookes and can assure everybody that the only part of Sheffield in Crookes is Crookes.

Daft isn't it? I've just been looking for the Crookes thread and stumbled upon it in this one. Perhaps someone with the buttons thinks Crookes is in the centre of town, similarly to the poster who thinks Crosspool is in Crookes? :huh:

I live in Crookes and can assure everybody that the only part of Sheffield in Crookes is Crookes.

crosspool/crookes hill...

Also filming in Crookes ITV Life of Anne Summers!

They were filming for this drama in Penistone last week .

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/itv-series-brief-encounters-filmed-in-crookes-sheffield-1-7725325

More info on the above link.

It's sad that when TV producers want to make something about the 80s they immediately turn to Sheffield - it's like we've never moved on - or have we?

Well Victorian era shots in Dr Who were filmed in Swansea a while back. Not because Swansea is still stuck in that era, but because there were a group of houses from that time that were not too modernised and perfect to use for period shooting. Same thing will apply to using any location.

I worked on a film that was set in the 1960s. The location of Wentworth Village was chosen because it's part of Wentworth Estate which means no replacing doors with modern ones, no satellite dishes or altering the properties. We only had to hide yellow lines to make it look of the time. Finding a 1960s kitchen was the hard part, but one house luckily had an kitchen even older than that decade which was just perfect. Shame the period fridge died a month or two earlier as we had to take big modern replacement out of the kitchen for shooting.

I went past the Greedy Greek down there today at about 3pm. The road was closed of with dozens of film support Lorrys. Two shops adjacent to the Greedy Greek had been turned into a traditional old style butchers, and next door a radio rentals type shop front. With old tv's advertised in the window. It looked to me like they were replicating an early 70's scene.

Just been nosy , but does anyone know what they were filming. I wish I'd made the effort to ask someone , but everyone seemed busy doing jobs and wouldn't have appreciated my interruption.