Filming in locations around Sheffield

Good Morning!

Anyone know whats being filmed in Sheffield City Centre today? The Wellington Street car park has been closed off for film crews?

Regards

Dont know but they were filming in and around Meersbrook Park yesterday

Before and after filming by the tree huggers ?

I heard on Facebook that the filming around Meersbrook was for Nicole Kidman's new film. Possibly the adaptation of Neil Gaiman's 'How to Talk to Girls at Parties'? That seems to be her next one.

Don't quote me on that though, it was off Facebook after all.

I heard on Facebook that the filming around Meersbrook was for Nicole Kidman's new film. Possibly the adaptation of Neil Gaiman's 'How to Talk to Girls at Parties'? That seems to be her next one.

i heard that too yesterday. Don't think Nicole is heading up north though!

Good Morning!

Anyone know whats being filmed in Sheffield City Centre today? The Wellington Street car park has been closed off for film crews?

Regards

Horror film, apparently.

'The Sheffield Chainsaw Massacre', directed by Tobe Hooper, co-directed by Julie Dore, is a arboreal version of a film with a similar name, made some forty years ago.

Basically, it's about an unhinged psychopath called Amy, who sets about the pleasant leafy streets of Sheffield, armed with a chainsaw, randomly slashing limbs and trunks in a gory slash-fest of chlorophyll and defoliation.

I do know more about this film … but that's another thread. ;)

it is the adaptation of Neil Gaiman's 'How to Talk to Girls at Parties' and Nicole Kidman is in it however i think its more a cameo Matt Lucas is in it apparently and Ella Fanning

"A funny and delightful genre mash-up, HOW TO TALK TO GIRLS AT PARTIES focuses on Enn, a shy teenage punk rocker in 70s suburban England,"

Sheffield seems to be the number 1 choice for film makers needing a location that looks just like the 70's and 80's.

But wait! There's a local angle too.

Then, one night they all sneak into a party where they meet a group of “otherworldly” girls. At first they think it’s a cult and then realise they’re actually from another planet.

It's good to see local actors being given a chance.

Reminds me of "Earth Girls Are Easy". I loved that flick!

Horror film, apparently.

'The Sheffield Chainsaw Massacre', directed by Tobe Hooper, co-directed by Julie Dore, is a arboreal version of a film with a similar name, made some forty years ago.

Basically, it's about an unhinged psychopath called Amy, who sets about the pleasant leafy streets of Sheffield, armed with a chainsaw, randomly slashing limbs and trunks in a gory slash-fest of chlorophyll and defoliation.

I do know more about this film … but that's another thread. ;)

You forgot Emma Harrison, which is her character?