Unnecessary road resurfacing!!

We live on a fairly new estate and the other day saw 2 workmen boaring a hole from the road outside my house, i went out to ask why they were doing this and he told me he was from amey and was testing the depth of the road surface before resurfacing begins.

Now the core he pulled from the ground was placed into a bag and labelled. I could clearly see the depth of the surface was around 10 inches deep before the hardcore.

The roads around the estate are fabulous and dont need resurfacing and i feel that when work begins they will skim 1 inch and put a skim over the top which in my opinion would be worse in the long run.

Is there anything i can do to stop this unnecessary work taking place?

I would have thought they were roads out there that need attention rather than ours!

I'd imagine there is a good reason for it to be resurfaced. They did all of ours around here not long back but left one road as that was done a few years ago and was still in top shape.

So I doubt they would be doing yours unless it's needed.

We live on a fairly new estate and the other day saw 2 workmen boaring a hole from the road outside my house, i went out to ask why they were doing this and he told me he was from amey and was testing the depth of the road surface before resurfacing begins.

Now the core he pulled from the ground was placed into a bag and labelled. I could clearly see the depth of the surface was around 10 inches deep before the hardcore.

The roads around the estate are fabulous and dont need resurfacing and i feel that when work begins they will skim 1 inch and put a skim over the top which in my opinion would be worse in the long run.

Is there anything i can do to stop this unnecessary work taking place?

I would have thought they were roads out there that need attention rather than ours!

It's most probably because a perfectly good road will be easy to resurface. That way, they get money for old rope, whilst ticking off another road in theirs and the Council's 'To do' list, making both look good in progress reports.

Same around the area where I live - no sign of much being done even now.

I have had to change my route whilst driving around locally to avoid the disgraceful state of them as I recently had to have much work done on the suspension of my car directly attributed to the state of the roads. I just can't afford any more expense.:(

Same around the area where I live - no sign of much being done even now.

I have had to change my route whilst driving around locally to avoid the disgraceful state of them as I recently had to have much work done on the suspension of my car directly attributed to the state of the roads. I just can't afford any more expense.:(

My girlfriend has had to have two front coil springs replaced on her car in just two years, in two separate incidents. The garage said they get stacks of this happening now, blaming potholes and humps.

I'm sure this sort of thing makes the sociopathic, car hating Council smile as they know they can hide behind paperwork and expensive solicitors (funded by taxpayer, in a self-perpetuating cycle), but she relies on her car to do her job, not only preventing her from working, but also the cancellations to patients she sees.

Before Loxley Road was resurfaced I damaged 2 alloy wheels, 3 tyres and a front spring. Unlike the drivers who think Loxley Road is a drag strip this was at the speed limit. One of the potholes was 7" deep (measured and photographed), the evidence of which was sent to the council as a claim. After 7 months I got a £15 contribution for repairs.

In the end I changed cars and now drive a car with chunky tyres and steel wheels. It doesn't help spring and shock damage but at least I won't be replacing wheels any time soon

the worse rd in sheffield is coisley hill to woodhouse,can any body from amy say when it will be done.

My girlfriend has had to have two front coil springs replaced on her car in just two years, in two separate incidents. The garage said they get stacks of this happening now, blaming potholes and humps.

I'm sure this sort of thing makes the sociopathic, car hating Council smile as they know they can hide behind paperwork and expensive solicitors (funded by taxpayer, in a self-perpetuating cycle), but she relies on her car to do her job, not only preventing her from working, but also the cancellations to patients she sees.

That's it - coil springs !

Exactly the same with me.

I too need my car to get to work my shifts at antisocial hours and quick change overs

I live in Rotherham and complaining to the parish council and highways dept got me nowhere so I got a petition up, and lo after a couple of months it was completely resurfaced. My advice is shout long and loud. These officials don't like being harassed by Joe Public, keep on at them also as many councillors as you can.

the worse rd in sheffield is coisley hill to woodhouse,can any body from amy say when it will be done.

I bet Badger Road because a close 2nd.. Done all side roads but left about 3-4meters at junctions to Badger Road and not done a thing on there. I understand it's a main bus route but the buses/people managed when they rerouted buses due to no snow plough visits when it was bad...

Commonside in Crookesmoor is terrible, it has wrecked my car!