All day Parking on or close to Ecclesall road

I wouldn't recommend parking in Berkley Precinct all day. The car park isn't owned by Tesco - they are just a tenant like the other businesses there. It's private land & the landowners do chase the people that take the ****. I know of two people who incurred thousands of pounds in charges for overstaying every day thinking they could ignore the letters & ended up with CCJ's. I don't know if they ever paid up but their credit rating is screwed.

Nearby streets sounds like a better idea. Up the hill & over the other side of Psalter lane is free if you don't mind a 10min walk.

Tell them to sue the landlords. In order to charge someone to park there, the landlords have to prove material loss as a result of said parking, this is difficult to do.

I would take them to court, a summons costs £30 and the landlords will probably just settle out of court as it would be expensive to pay for representation.

I rent my front space out for £4 a day if you are interested. I'm road next door to Berkeley Square. I only hve thurs, fridays and saturdays available though.

Tell them to sue the landlords. In order to charge someone to park there, the landlords have to prove material loss as a result of said parking, this is difficult to do.

I would take them to court, a summons costs £30 and the landlords will probably just settle out of court as it would be expensive to pay for representation.

The landlord isn't charging. The parking company has incurred a loss because they offer a service that hasn't been paid for.

I'd have thought that most people would factor in their transport arrangements when accepting a new job but there's no harm in asking a daft question.

Welcome to Sheffield. The most anticar anti business city in the north of England. Good luck with finding a space. It's embarrassing.

That's right Ron, give the new resident and worker a resounding welcome. NOT!

You are by far the most negative person on Sheffield forum so far.:loopy:

Why don't you have a day off and try something novel, like making a suggestion that might in some way be helpful.:help:

Alternatively! Go for a long walk in some of Sheffield's wonderful green spaces to get rid of some of that bile your sedentary lifestyle builds up.:cool:

You need to keep up with the news - the supreme court has ruled that parking fines can be justified and legally enforcable; they don't have to prove material loss, and the fines don't have to be a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-34721126

Interesting question, and no responses :huh:

I've had a think, and can't think of anything other the following:

1. Park in the big Tescos car park and pay (probably a lot)

2. Keep moving the car

3. Pay for permits

I'm looking forward to seeing some more options! all 3 don't sound particularly good :hihi::confused:

There are a few car parks within walking distance, off London Road or Bramall Lane.

The Gym on Napier Street used to have all day parking for the price of Gym membership. They used to offer this to local businesses in the vicinity. It is now Nuffield Health and Welbeing so don't know whether they still do that.

I work at the bottom of Ecclesall Road but as parking is impossible I find the bus an easier option.

I asked Nuffield health about parking and they said it would be an extra £50 on top of their extortionate 40-odd pound membership. Now, they won't stop badgering me. I wouldn't recommend even enquiring with them :loopy:

Hello,

I have recently got a new job and it is on Ecclesall road. I had a look on google street view and I have seen all the way up the street you are able to park and pay on a metre. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a restriction on how long you are allowed to park on the road for? Because I need to be able to have my car parked for the whole day. Could anyone please suggest another place nearby that I could park my car all day and then walk to work if I can't park on Ecclesall road. Thanks :)

Ecclesall Road is nearly 2 miles long so if you give an indication of whereabouts you're going to be working someone may be able to give you some advice.

Having worked on Ecclesall Road for a fair few years I can safely say you'll struggle with parking unless you're either prepared to pay, or walk. As someone else said, your best bet is up Psalter Lane and behind the roundabout.

If you park off Psalter Lane Please do not park on Pavements as this makes it difficult for wheelchairs and prams to get past. This is a big problem in this area

You may want to rethink that..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-34721126