Any Diwali events in Sheffield?

I know that there’s a Diwali ball but I was wondering if anyone knows about any other Diwali events in Sheffield, that are open to people who aren’t religious themselves but want to learn more?

What's Diwali?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali

Diwali (or Deepawali, the "festival of lights") is an ancient Hindu festival celebrated in autumn (northern hemisphere) or spring (southern hemisphere) every year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali

Diwali (or Deepawali, the "festival of lights") is an ancient Hindu festival celebrated in autumn (northern hemisphere) or spring (southern hemisphere) every year

Thanks. I'll have a read later.

i can throw powdered wet paint at you, if you really want to be involved:D

i can throw powdered wet paint at you, if you really want to be involved:D

Could you please explain 'powdered wet paint' to me, in terms that I can understand? :huh:

Could you please explain 'powdered wet paint' to me, in terms that I can understand? :huh:

During Diwali week in India, young men go around throwing powdered paint mixed with water at people, its meant to be in good fun but some people object to it when the young people, go to far and throw a bit to much paint and people get all over there cloths. the paint is similar to the stuff that Indian married woman put on there forehead, the paint that the young people throw is all different colours.

During Diwali week in India, young men go around throwing powdered paint mixed with water at people, its meant to be in good fun but some people object to it when the young people, go to far and throw a bit to much paint and people get all over there cloths. the paint is similar to the stuff that Indian married woman put on there forehead, the paint that the young people throw is all different colours.

Should be renamed 'Dulux week'.:P

Think you're getting it mixed up with Holi (festival of colour) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holi

Think you're getting it mixed up with Holi (festival of colour) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holi

Dont think so, ive seen it many times

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 23:42 ----------

all though holi is the main event that does the paint throwing, the young people think its a big joke so extend it to Diwali

Hope any unwitting victims of such inane frivolities send the numpty perpetrators the dry-cleaning bill.